Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wildlife Tourism Company Gallery : How to?  (Read 5915 times)

mihirc

• Coppermine newbie
Wildlife Tourism Company Gallery : How to?
« on: April 28, 2010, 01:03:58 pm »

Hello,

I am going to start work with a gallery for a Wildlife Tourism firm and would like to know if there is a way i can use Gallery3 to get the result i want.

Firstly, there will be no categories, each one of the albums will be separate and independent from each other. I can manually add the date to the title of the album to avoid confusion. But these will be on the left bar of the gallery. On the right there will be the latest uploading 9 albums in an descending order, with a thumbnail and the title of the album.

On the left ofcourse there will be probably 200 albums listed, so i would like to have a vertical scrollbar so that the pagesize doesnt grow very big.

Thanks for your help,
The site in topic is www.foliageoutdoors.com

Regards,
Mihir Chhatre.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Wildlife Tourism Company Gallery : How to?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:14:43 pm »

What's the question?

mihirc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 01:21:46 pm »

Hello,

Sorry, if i wasnt clear enough. What i have attached is a basic framework on how we would like the gallery to work. Please go through and let me know, if that helps!

Sorry again!!

Regards,
Mihir Chhatre.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 01:58:35 pm »

Gallery3
Seems that you are on the wrong board.

It's maybe possible to accomplish what you want if you create a custom theme. Maybe you need to modify some core files.

If you look at the demo, you can see that Coppermine has a built-in sidebar. If you create only albums and show the last updated albums on your start page your website looks like your draft.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 02:12:02 pm »

would like to know if there is a way i can use Gallery3 to get the result i want.
Ask the staff at Menalto Gallery's home page wether you will be able to accomplish things using their app. We're not familiar with their app and won't support their product, and I'm pretty sure they will tell you the same thing if you should ever ask a Coppermine-related question on their site.

mihirc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 02:14:36 pm »

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply!! Sorry abt that.. I was also looking at the Gallery from Menalto as well as an option!

Well I just installed Coppermine, and i am modifying Classic theme to suit my purpose. Dunno how it will turn out to be, but lets see!

If you can give me some pointers, i'd really appreciate it!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Mihir.

mihirc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 02:17:00 pm »

Ask the staff at Menalto Gallery's home page wether you will be able to accomplish things using their app. We're not familiar with their app and won't support their product, and I'm pretty sure they will tell you the same thing if you should ever ask a Coppermine-related question on their site.

Sorry! Mentioned the mistake in the earlier post!! My bad!!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 07:32:30 pm »

Take a look at the stickies in the coppermine theme forums. There is loads of information in there. Also take a look at both the docs for 1.4.x and 1.5.x. Once you start building your theme and if you run itno trouble that is the time to aks questions. To andwer now we would have to do all of the work for you.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

mihirc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 07:33:23 am »

Hey Phil,

Arent you the Phil Luckhurst from Joomlart.com?? We know each other from their!! Remember me?

I went through the whole documentation yesterday and creating a theme seems pretty easy. What i got stuck as was how to create those variables for the gallery. I mean, I want to show the album list on the left, and the recent albums on the right. I found the php tags from the docs, but couldnt understand, how to use it in the template.

Regards,
Mihir.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.