Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customization Project  (Read 4654 times)

billb290

• Coppermine newbie
Customization Project
« on: April 28, 2010, 05:42:47 am »

I'm runniing Coppermine 1.53 release candidate with a bridge to SMF 1.1.11
I'm use Fatcow as my host which uses MySql database.

I would like the forum to suppoort the Gallery and vice versa so I need one modification on each side.

The gallery and forums are set-up so that:
Gallery categories = Forum categories
Gallery album names = Forum board names
Gallery thumbnail titles = Forum topice names (not always)

I would like to allow a user to go into the Gallery and select a specific thumbnail to leave a comment on and when they save the comment have it posted in appropriate forum.
    For Example: I select Animals->Wild->Tigers->Thumbnail: White Tiger
    Comment: Is this a true whte tiger or an albino? <save>
    On Save in Forum: category:Animals->board:Tigers->topic:White Tigers->post: Is this a true whte tiger or an albino?
    Or if there is no current topic; White Tigers then post as new topic:White Tigers -> then post: Is this a true whte tiger or an albino?

There may be a need to have a management function for this option that could turn it on and off or limit by user or groups?
There also may need to be a control field for topic when saving comment by popping up a dialogue: Enter Topic for Posting.

I hope that gives at least enough information for someone to decide if this can reasonably be done or not?
I have a little bit of sql knowledge form my mainframe programming days, but not nearly enough and no php skills.
as far as budget is concerned I do not have unlimited funds, but have tentatively set aside $4,000 for this project which is hopefully for two mods not just this one, but of course I'm open to reasonable suggestions.

I believe this can be done as a plug-in and does not in my mind present too difficult a programing effort.

Please advise!
Thank You!

Bill Blankenship
President
UIA Project Org

Gene-2008

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Customization Project
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 02:28:22 am »

Please check for an email from me.

Gene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.