Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Page coming up blank when I try to use Stramm?  (Read 7253 times)

Bloom

• Coppermine novice
Page coming up blank when I try to use Stramm?
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:36:59 am »

I'm not really sure how to explain this. I have a website (http://anneliese.flirtatious.org) that used a very old version of Coppermine, and I only just managed to get around to updating. So I did, and then installed Stramm. However, when I go to update the thumbnails in the admit tools, there is a problem.

The page updates a few thumbnails, then just goes completely blank and doesn't load. It means I cannot update the entire gallery (over 11,000 images). I have tried updating album by album, but I still have the same problem. A lot of thumbnails have updated, but have 'stretched', and when I try to edit the files to crop the square thumbnail myself, the page comes up blank again.

What is the best way for me to fix this problem?

Bloom

• Coppermine novice
Re: Page coming up blank when I try to use Stramm?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:39:18 am »

PS: I am now thinking of deleting the ENTIRE Coppermine folders, EXCEPT the /albums one, and just batch-adding again, everything from scratch. Is that an ideal option, do you think? It seems like the best way at the moment...

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 01:01:45 pm »

reduce the number of thumbs getting processed at the same time to maybe 2 or just even one

from the modpack docs
Better admin tools (auto refresh)
When you're recreating thumbs/ images in the admin tools then you can set an auto refresh flag. If set, the update process auto refreshes and you won't need to click 'continue' anymore.
The big advantage.... you can set the number of images to process to a  low value eg (2-5). Now the chances the script times out are limited. Means you don't need to restart the entire process and sit in front of your monitor for hours clicking 'continue' (if you've a huge number of pics in your db)

You can try to reload the site if it times out. You even can change tha values in the browser addres bar (start, step etc.). That way you won't have to start from scratch.

bubblegumbarbe79

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 05:33:58 am »

I am having this problem as well for http://classic-hollywood.net/Photos. It doesn't matter if I have it process 50, 25, 5, or even 2 thumbnails at a time. It always goes to a blank white screen after it processes a couple pages, with no writing on it what so ever, I even viewed the source of the blank page & it is empty. I have stramm on several of my galleries an I have never had problems  before, all has always been smooth sailing. Any help is appreciated.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 11:42:21 am »

Means that one image times out... => resources for that image aren't sufficient. Reduce to 1 image in a batch and you'll find out the culprit. Delete it or raise php mem.

bubblegumbarbe79

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 07:10:19 pm »

Thanks! I think I had a few files that were duds, so  I got rid of em an it is fine now.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.