Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Access Rights  (Read 6668 times)

Darkness

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with Access Rights
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »

I seem to be having a problem with the access rights. I tested 1.5.3 out locally by upgrading from 1.4.26. Whenever, I go to view thumbnails.php or displayimage.php, I get this error: You are not allowed to view any images.

I'm currently bridged with SMF2 and I checked the permissions and all the groups have full access to the images. I tried to disabling the bridging, I still get the same error. You can view the images when you're a guest though, just not when you're logged in.

I looked in thumbnails.php and this is the bit that's causing the error:

Code: [Select]
if (USER_ID && (USER_ACCESS_LEVEL == 0)) {
    cpg_die(ERROR, $lang_errors['access_none']);
}

It doesn't seem to be recognizing anybody who is logged in. I don't think this is a problem with the bridge because it happens when the bridging is disabled too.

onthepike

Re: Problem with Access Rights
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 10:18:02 pm »

See if this helps:

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/groups.htm

Access Level

For each group, you can set the group's access level to:

None - Users cannot view any images at all, except for the one thumbnail shown for an album or category. This option is only recommended for the guest/anonymous group if you want to force people to log in to view thumbnails and the rest. For other groups, this option usually doesn't make sense since your logged-in users will wonder why they logged in if they cannot see anything; the option is provided here in case some administrators find it useful. If you are going to set a group's access to 'none', make sure the guest/anonymous group is also set to 'none'. Otherwise, logged-in users will find that logging out gives them more access.

Thumbnail only - Users can view the thumbnails only. If they click on them, they will be shown a little dialog box that they are not allowed to view larger images.

Thumbnail and intermediate image - Users can see everything but the full-sized image pop-ups (if you have any)

Thumbnail, intermediate and full-size image - Users can access all sizes of images.

The setting here for the guest/anonymous group is the same as the setting "Allow unlogged users access" on the Gallery Configuration page under "User Settings". If you update the option here, it will update the configuration setting and vice versa.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 08:07:01 am »

You should start by this:
8. Post links
When posting a support request, it's helpfull for supporters in most cases to see what the actual page looks like, that's why it's mandatory that you always post a link to your coppermine gallery page when asking for support. If your site contains adult content, make sure to post a warning together with your link!

Supporters might get into issues if they accidentally visit a page that interferes with their employer's internet policy. If your site contains adult content (even mild nudity even falls into this category), post the words "not safe for work" next to the link.
There is a reason why we have this rule.

As you are bridged, you should as well take a look at http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/bridging.htm#integrating_support_start and do as suggested there. Anything else is mere speculation.

Darkness

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 09:42:56 am »

1) As I already said, I checked the Groups page and they all have full access rights to view all the images.
2) As I already said, I did the upgrade locally so I can't give you a link.
3) Again, I said this happens even when Coppermine isn't bridged.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 07:37:19 am »

Then we can't help you, sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.