Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: customise config settings?  (Read 5116 times)

bitcloud

• Coppermine frequent poster
customise config settings?
« on: April 24, 2010, 10:14:59 am »

Hi guys,

I have my "album folder" set to "albums/", but I wanted to make this conditional (based on the domain it's being accessed from)

In short, I'm trying to find where the config items are set into the $CONFIG['full_name'] variable so i can bypass it. Anyone have any ideas where I might start hunting for this?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: customise config settings?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 01:10:03 pm »

Start respecting board rules and we might help you.

bitcloud

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 04:56:12 pm »

post links? is that the rule you're referring to? :)
what links would you like? google.com? pictures of link from zelda?

ok. here's the link:
localhost

Perhaps this isn't your question to answer Joachim. Other people will gladly help out on this post, realising it's not anything to do with a given installation, but about coppermine ITSELF. Having arbitrary rules like "post links" is cute, but not every question needs a link, and not every developer develops live online.

Thanks for your response, but I'll wait it out until someone helpful comes along.

Kind Regards,
BC

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 11:40:11 pm »

All you had to do was respond with "Sorry, it is on localhost for development" instead of getting sarcastic. Probably not the best way to gain support.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

bitcloud

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 06:14:24 am »

Joachim is an extraordinary programmer, but like most geniuses he lacks patience. I've never seen a pleasantly helpful response from him, and generally it's lined with unwarranted contempt for users. If it was the first time, I'd have had patience, but generally when i see that I have new messages I know it's one of two things: A) a helpful response from one of the many thousands of enthusiastic coppermine users, or B) Joachim asserting himself needlessly.

All you had to do was respond with "Sorry, it is on localhost for development"

All he had to do was respond with "Is it on localhost for development or do you have a live version?"
...of course responding with that question would have been completely nonsensical given that it's a question about coppermine itself. (and reading the post instead of scanning it for "links" would have led Joachim to the unavoidable conclusion that ruleslapping me would have been a sarcasm inducing moment of pointlessness :D )

Responding with that rule a) makes no sense given the question and b) makes no sense given anyone who is a developer should understand that you don't develop live online.

As I said, I'll wait for someone helpful.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:12:32 am »

Bitcould, you're not in the postion to lecture others here. You have an impressive record of misbehaviour on this board, that's why you got a reply that tells you about board rules.
The reply that it's on localhost is a blatant lie: you don't have a coppermine-driven gallery sitting on localhost for 4 years and all you did in your previous 116 postings is asking questions about that gallery that you never show to others. Anyway, if that is the case, then just loop through the code and take a look - it's dead easy if you know your way around. And if you're a coder you should realize that it doesn't matter to find out where the variable get's populated, as you can re-assign the value of the variable at any time, so your question simply doesn't apply.

Having arbitrary rules like "post links" is cute, but not every question needs a link, and not every developer develops live online.
Your question certainly doesn't need a link, but it's a rule that was set up for various reasons, one of them being that we don't support people who do not respect the license that coppermine comes with. The only way to check if people respect the license is taking a look at their gallery. There are several other reasons why we request a link and I'm not going to argue with you about them. We need the link. If you can't provide, you're on your own an never need to come back.

Next silly reply from you will result in a ban, as I had enough of your insults.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 11:46:09 am »

based on the domain it's being accessed from

How many domains do you want on localhost?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

bitcloud

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 07:07:36 am »

you can re-assign the value of the variable at any time

thanks. I need to find somewhere to hook into the variable that occurs before the rest of the code, and after the variable is pulled out of the database... so specifically I'd want to overwrite this value directly after it's initially set.
If anyone has any ideas where that might be, it would be very helpful.

Thanks anyway Joachim and Phill for your time. I'll wait here for someone who has encountered this type of issue before and can offer assistance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 07:21:08 am »

Seems like you don't want to understand what I'm saying: just sitting there waiting is not an option for you: you either post the URL of your publicly available coppermine-driven gallery in this thread on your next return to this board or this thread will be locked and your account will be suspended.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.