Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error  (Read 6651 times)

toxirageous

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal error
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:58:45 am »

For some reason I can't add any pictures to my gallery. I get this message: Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 127. I have already tried changing the "method for resizing images" from Image Magick to GD2 but now I get this message: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2400 bytes) in /home/annalynn/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 412. Any ideas what's wrong?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

toxirageous

• Coppermine newbie

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Fatal error
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:57:12 pm »

Well done on being up to date and doing all outlined in the docs. Many have to be asked loads of times and it is quite nice when someone just gets on with things.

The following thread may answer why this is failing - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,24088.0.html.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 10:14:36 pm »

In fact all you need to know already is being described in the docs: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#imagemagick127

toxirageous

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 06:41:45 pm »

Yeah I still can't get it to work. Everything should be fine with Image Magick and it doesn't work with GD2 either.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 07:44:42 pm »

Post your ImageMagick path for a start.

onthepike

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 08:16:13 pm »

I initially uploaded my avatar to test the upload process, apparently using GD2. Thinking that the avatar was too small a file in which to base a test, I deleted my avatar (to test the delete function) and replaced that image with a much larger photograph (of my backyard).

The config settings for this gallery, or this "test user" are minimal. I needed to reduce my original image to 800 x 600 to upload. A second attempt to upload another picture resulted in:

Code: [Select]
Disk quota exceeded
You have a space quota of 1024K, your files currently use 746K, adding this file would make you exceed your quota.
File: /home/annalynn/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php - Line: 122

I think the problem here might be a combination of minimal config size/upload/dimension allowances combined with minimal php.ini max_upload settings.

However, I successfully uploaded the photo of my yard here: http://annalynnefan.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10016/normal_IMG_3823.JPG

http://annalynnefan.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10016&pos=0

toxirageous

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 05:40:26 pm »

Post your ImageMagick path for a start.

I don't know what it is. I'm sorry, I just adopted the site a while ago and I'm not very experienced with this stuff. But if you mean what's in config in "Path to ImageMagick 'convert' utility (example /usr/bin/X11/)", it's empty. Should there be something there?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 06:06:02 pm »

If you are not sure if you have ImagemagiK used GD2 or ask your host. However, you seem to be having memory problems when using GD2.

So you need to decide what resize method you are going to use as at the moment this thread talks of 2 very different problems.

The 127 error from Imagemagik is saying that you have incorrectly set the path (had you used the search facility or Google you could have found that out in seconds). If you don't know your path then speak to your host.

The error you are getting from GD2 suggests a memory limit on your server as I suggested above.

Find out if you actually have Imagemagik available to you. If you do set the correct path in the config.

How did you do the initial install? From here or via your hosts control panel.

toxirageous

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 03:15:54 pm »

I asked for the Image Magick path but all I got as an answer was to use GD2 instead :D I think the problem might be a space problem because it seems to me that I can add smaller pictures with GD2 but not HQ's. And from what I've understood, the error message I'm getting indicates to space issues.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 07:43:27 pm »

The error you are getting with GD, as previously explained, is a restriction of your server resources. It it is just you uploading images then use the batch add tool. If you have users that are struggling then you will need to speak to your host and maybe upgrde your package (get them to fully understand what you need first and refer them to this thread if needed) or change host to one with a less restrictive service.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.