Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to have two applications in same mysql database?  (Read 2059 times)

allison100

• Coppermine newbie

Hi!

I have a problem. I'm not very familiar with all these internet solutions. For example "mysql database" is hebrew to me (meaning i dont understand it).  ???

One thing I know. I have ONE mysql database which came with my domain. Now I'm planning to make website which has Coppermine gallery and somekind of blog application. I have noticed that nearly all blog tools use mysql database and so do Coppermine gallery.

My question is following: does it make any difference if both, blog and coppermine, use same database? Could there be some kind of conflict?

Thank you for help.

- Allison

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Re: Is it possible to have two applications in same mysql database?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 11:28:16 pm »

No, Coppermine attaches a CPG prefix to all its database tables, so there should not be any conflicts.  You can even install more Coppermine galleries in the same database if you change the database prefix when installing the software.

Also, please remember to use 1.2.1 when you install the software.  1.3beta4 is not intended for your experience level.  You can upgrade later when it comes out of beta.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.