Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SEO: Title + Description Tag  (Read 7993 times)

Hercules24

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • High Resolution Party Pictures
SEO: Title + Description Tag
« on: April 18, 2010, 11:25:49 pm »

A lot of sites would like their urls SEO friendly, but for Google the name of the title + description tag are even more important.
Would it be possible to have 2 input fields under 'album properties' that allow you to manually enter the content for a title + description tag?
Now CPG creates a title tag combining the name of the album and the name of your picture gallery in general and there's no description tag at all.
I'm pretty sure this will create a much higher Google ranking (If combined with inlinks containing the desired keywords) than any other plugin has done before.
Wordpress has also this option in their 'All in one SEO pack' : ■You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want

Realtor5000

• Coppermine newbie
    • Realtor Career Info
Re: SEO: Title + Description Tag
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 02:54:42 am »

You also can modify your template by adding some php code to modify the the title of the post. Whatever the solution, title and description tag manual manipulation is very important and in my opinion it is better to have page title and blog post title slightly different

Walkinman

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Skolai Images - Nature, Travel and Adventure stock photos
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 11:59:47 pm »

hey Folks,

Is there any news on whether this might be included, or written as a plugin? I think it would be great it a field existed to write a custom Page Title tag for each album, with the option of the meta description tag as well, though I don't think that's quite as critical. i use this plugin for wordpress, and it's awesome. Super easy to use, and does exactly what I need it to. I understand this would maybe conflict with the title tag for search pages .. which currently shows the search terms (a great function) .. but for regular albums, and categories, it would really be a useful tool. Any chances of this being setup folks?

Thank you.

Cheers

Carl

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 10:05:39 am »

Is there any news on whether this might be included, or written as a plugin?
Maybe this is what you're looking for: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,64647.0.html

Please also read the sticky in this board (yes, you recently started a new thread where you suggested to make some topics sticky): http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,15866.0.html

Walkinman

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Skolai Images - Nature, Travel and Adventure stock photos
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 08:00:52 pm »

Hey André

Thanks. I have looked at that plugin thanks. I even have it running on my site, but I can't get it to produce any meta description tag at all. Anyway, it's a global function, not a specific album and or image page feature. I had a hack on the 1.4.5 version of my site to display both the album name and the description in the Title tag for an album page .. but I can't recall how to do it. Ideally, which is why I added to this request, I would like the page title to NOT be the same as the album name and description, but complimentary to it.

The reason I linked to the wordpress plugin is because that feature allows, when writing a new post, a new field to write a page title tag. It makes things much easier than hacking code, esp for me. And, from what I see on the forums (yes, I use the search function a lot), it would be helpful to a lot of others as well.

I read the thread you posted to, but I don't understand what part of it applies here.

"This board is for suggesting features for future versions of coppermine.

How do you decide the difference between a support and feature request?

Consider these:
- you want an answer now, rather than a future version
- the solution mostly benefits yourself, rather than most other users

If either/both are true, that means you want support, so post in the support board corresponding to the topic."

This board is for suggesting features for future versions of coppermine.

And I said: "Is there any news on whether this might be included, or written as a plugin?".
Consider these:
- you want an answer now, rather than a future version

I wasn't asking, in this thread, for anything now.
Consider these:
- the solution mostly benefits yourself, rather than most other users

A quick search on these boards for SEO would seem to indicate that this topic would be very beneficial to many, many coppermine users. The title tag is possible the most important function of SEO, in my experience, so a feature that allows writing custom title tags for albums, and/or photos, would be extremely helpful.

I'm not trying to be a problem André - I'm simply offering my thoughts on something that I think might make cpg even better.

Thank you.

Cheers

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.