Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine on a usb thumb drive using XAMPP  (Read 8202 times)

phlooke

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine on a usb thumb drive using XAMPP
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:35:16 am »

Hello everybody. I'm new to Coppermine and have an assignment to do a demonstration of Coppermine of a web page that I made using Coppermine, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. So basically I need to have a web page that I can display that is coming from my USB flash drive with Coppermine installed. Does anybody have any pointers of where to get started? Thanks! ;D

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: Coppermine on a usb thumb drive using XAMPP
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:54:45 am »

Coppermine is a web application which needs to be placed in the webroot (the directory where webserver searches for documents) of the server. Configuring/Installing XAMPP (or for that matter any other server) to look for webroot in a thumb drive is beyond the scope of this forum. You should better ask this question on XAMPP forums.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine on a usb thumb drive using XAMPP
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:22:28 am »

Alternatively, use the Coppermine Live-Demo. Most recent release currently is http://sourceforge.net/projects/coppermine/files/Live-Demo%20%28local%29/Windows%20%2832bit%29/cpg_live-demo_1_5.zip/download - once you got that, update the underlying coppermine to make it the most recent stable release.
To use a webserver on an USB stick, go for XAMPP from here: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#641 and then perform a regular coppermine install when it's running.
Keep in mind for both flavors that they mustn't be run publicly on the internet for security reasons. Run them only privately on your USB stick or hard drive for testing/evaluation/presentation purposes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.