Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PMs with ie8 shows x's  (Read 6107 times)

horseshoes

• Coppermine novice
    • Sunday Drives in Nova Scotia
PMs with ie8 shows x's
« on: April 16, 2010, 12:27:05 am »

Hi,

My site is http://www.gallery.sdnovascotian.ca/index.php

and when I am using ie8 the PM button above med picture Has a x'd box and when I go to read my messages there is a boxed x to the left of each listed message.  Firefox does not have anything to the left of the listed messages where the xed boxes are on ie8. everything is fine on firefox.  I tried looking through the forum because before xmas I remembered someone mentioning this. The post must of been under a different topic because I couldn't find.

Is there something I should edit in a file?

thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: PMs with ie8 shows x's
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 07:30:14 am »

http://www.gallery.sdnovascotian.ca/themes/igames_widescreen/images/pm.gif is not there and subsequently returns a 404 not found. Upload the missing file and you'll be good. How is that related to plugins?

Joachim

P.S. Found out by using Firefox  ;)

horseshoes

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 03:33:12 pm »

Hi,
when I went to do as you suggested and I then realized I had to move the move_image files in the pm after changing themes.  Did that. Found out that everytime I clicked on a pm over med size photo as a guest it would go to my profile page.  I went back and removed the profile.php edit and that seemed to fix it.  Now, under windows browser (signed in) when I go to read my message it takes me to my profile page. Firefox is fine. 

I am a newbie to php. Not totally clueless but a newbie.  I hope this has something to do with the plug in and is in the right place. Sorry if it is not, then I am clueless.

My site is http://www.gallery.sdnovascotian.ca/index.php

Username: test2
password: test2

I will send a message to this account so you can see.

If you can help, it would be great.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 04:17:38 pm »

You could have answered my question
How is that related to plugins?
instead of forcing me to figure that out on my own: you appear to be using the plugin Private Messaging Systemand you seem to be having issues with it. I'm not familiar with that plugin and therefore can't tell you what is wrong. The idea of the plugin system however is that it works independantly of the theme you use and that it doesn't require you to edit things on file system level. If that is not the case, then maybe the plugin isn't fully up to coding standards.
Anyway, as I suggested I can't help you with that plugin, as I'm not familiar with it. Maybe someone else can answer your questions.

horseshoes

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 05:32:28 pm »

Thanks.

When I changed themes to  igames_widescreen  my cpg_pms plugin did not transfer the images with it.  So I went into the cpg_pms  image_to_move files and copy/move all images to   igames_widescreen/images.  That solved the problem with the x's in ie8.  If you do any other editing as stated in the installation instructions of the cpg_pms it will cause numerous problems with ie8 browser . At least with this theme.

For ex:
css changes will make windows change font to almost invisible and you end up clicking on your name..such as why you end up on the prfile page.

profile edit will cause you to go to the profile page and not to the pms screen when you click on pms above the med picture.
That is all I remember.

I want to thank Joachim Müller  for being my catalyst and sending my thought process in the right direction, even if you do not know this plug in. Thanks a lot. Now to the themes forum for a little glitch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.