Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help to finish last bit of upgrading to standalone for PHPNuke version  (Read 2180 times)

peakoverload

• Coppermine regular visitor

I need a little bit of help from you clever people who have successfully 'upgraded' from the PHPNuke version of Coppermine to the standalone version.

I've managed to get about 85% of it done but I'm stuck at what I think is the last hurdle  ???

I've managed to use the nuke database to populate the categories, pictures, albums, comments and votes tables with a little bit of hacking of some table names and a few paths.

The last bit I'm stuck on is getting the Nuke user database into Coppermine  :(

PHPNuke uses MD5 encryption for passwords where as the standalone version of Coppermine does not which presents an immediate problem. I thought I had found the answer to this when I found this thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=2179.0 about hacking Coppermine to use MD5 but I have found this puzzeling problem with it.

The hack for implementing MD5 does work....kind of.

If I implement it and then create a new user the password is indeed encrypted and I can happily log in using it. However if I then copy across a user from the nuke usertable that already is encrypted with MD5 into Coppermines database doesnt work. If I try to login with that username it always fails yet if I then log in as the Admin and go to the Users page I can see the new account and I can then reset the password for the new account and then login using it, so it seems as though the MD5 hack only works on new 'non MD5' accounts.

So how did you clever people get around this then as I'm now stumped  ??? ??? ??? :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

hehe, most people here haven't moved from coppermine for *nuke to the standalone, but have set up coppermine as standalone in the first place (the nuked coppermine version is a spin-off from the standalone, not vice versa) ;). Since most people here (including me) don't know the nuke-version there will probably be little help here on this board I'm afraid.
The devs of the nuked coppermine version know both the standalone and the nuked version, maybe you should look for help on the nuke board instead at http://www.nukephotogallery.com/

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.