Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: XP_Publish installation  (Read 5910 times)

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
[Closed]: XP_Publish installation
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:45:59 pm »

Hi

I just installed 1.4.26
My web is
http://www.nordstjernealle.dk
To enable other users to upload multiples files I tryed to install xp_publish running www.nordstjernealle.dk/cpg/xp_publish.php
I can save the registration file and run it succesfully, but no option appear in my windows explorer?
I tryed the wizard link in the top af xp_publish.php screen, it send me to some spanish website with no trace of xp_publish i n software or articles.
http://www.zonageek.com/code/misc/wizards/

I have offcourse read the doc page and the search the faq but could not find out how to enable xp_publish
Finally I found a relevant MS page using a google search. I think this link will be more helpfull than the above wizard link:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/webpub_overview.mspx?mfr=true

Now I could run the MS wizard from ms explorer but was tool there was no album with permission to upload?
Properly some configuration is wrong, but I have not beeen able to find it.
Normal upload of one file works, I get asked for the Album to upload to and pick the album.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 09:30:47 pm by Phill Luckhurst »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
Re: XP_Publish installation
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 08:46:37 pm »

Sorry you need a user to verify my info:
For test you can use the following:
user: idre
password: idre
The album Idre 2010 contains two  pictures I uploaded using the normal Upload file interface.
I want to enable the idre user to do XP publish uploads.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:11:04 pm »

Please read again the docs that Joachim referred to. Specifically take note of enabling single file uploads, disabling approval etc. We need those done the reasons are outlined in the docs.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 10:15:45 pm »

Okay I did read it again, I have search and read this several times, and I belive I got it right.

(I am a real idiot with GUI's in general bcause I have an extremely bad memory for pictures and think I do not fully understand
I know a GUI is easier for most people while I am better off with settings in a text file.)

However I have not fully understood the hole concept. Especially the meaning of the term "public album".
The user idre is a member of Registered group.
The album "Idre 2010" is assigned to the registered group.
The registered group is allowed to do public upload, but is the assigned album public or personal by cpg definition?
The registered group has Public albums upload Approval set to No.
The registered group is not allowed to have Personal gallery as I think "Idre 2010" is public.
The registered group is set to: File upload boxes = 3 and URI upload boxes = 0,  to enable Multiple file upload in contrast to Single file upload.
I correct the group allocated space from 512KB to 5120000Kb

Then I click the assigned album "Idre 2010" and properties:
Album can be viewed by "Members of the Registered group"
No password and no hint
Visitors have all 3 set to yes including Visitors can upload files

I have been also been though config trying to locate any relevant settings:
I found one that might be relevant
Albums can be private is set to yes

Finally I have enabled log files and debug for all, but the log file is empty after trying

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 11:25:34 pm »

For us to test the upload process we need uploads set to 1 and url set to 0. I hope the docs make that clear?

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 12:00:47 am »

No the doc says:  any nunber higher than "1"

I copied the doc here:
Multiple file uploads only - Users of this group may upload multiple files at one time. To enable multiple file uploads, set File upload boxes to any number higher than "1", URI upload boxes to "0" - it's up to you to let users configure the No. of boxes, but it's recommended to set it to "fixed" to avoid confusion and to limit the load on your server should several users try to upload simultaneously. You can set the number of file upload boxes to any number from 0 to 10 (5 is the default).

I changed it to 1 as requested
I test again same result

I tryed to allow a Personal gallery for the Registered group for an additional test.
Then XP publish asked me to create  a new album and I could, but this is not what I want.
I would like to upload to the album assigned to the registered group of users and not available for everybody, should that not be possible with xp publish?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 09:00:12 am »

No the doc says:  any nunber higher than "1"

I copied the doc here:
Multiple file uploads only - Users of this group may upload multiple files at one time. To enable multiple file uploads, set File upload boxes to any number higher than "1", URI upload boxes to "0" - it's up to you to let users configure the No. of boxes, but it's recommended to set it to "fixed" to avoid confusion and to limit the load on your server should several users try to upload simultaneously. You can set the number of file upload boxes to any number from 0 to 10 (5 is the default).
That's not true. The documentation says:
Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages. This applies to all upload methods, not only HTTP uploads.

Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
      (set Enable debug mode to "Yes: Everyone")
    * Leave display of notices switched off
      (notices are only meant for developers. If you have idea what they mean, leave them off.)
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only"
         1. set File upload boxes to "1" (1)
         2. set URI upload boxes to "0" (2)
         3. set No. of boxes to "fixed" (3)

# Save your new settings
(click on "Apply Modifications")

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
Don't lecture us about our documentation >:(. I'm sick of your attitude. Improve it or you won't get any more help.

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 09:25:48 pm »

Hi Everybody

I am not able to satisfy Joachims orders.
But they never got the change the way Joachime is all over the place ruling like he owns everythink.
Maybe he owns this forum but he certainly do not own me, Im not a soldier in his army and I do not like his style either.

I do not care if I do not get any help from you Joachim because we certainly do not agree very well.

I spend many hours reading docs several times and trying all sort of thinks to solve my problem, but Joachim make everyone look like the are either stupid or lazy.
I do not find it easy to find my way around the Coppermine docs and settings and many others have the same problem.
Running thinks this way coppermine will never make Coppermine the choice of gallery application.

My advice to Joachim is to answer fewer questions and then spend more effort  trying to understand peoples problems. Or perhaps better take a vacation.

I am pretty sure Coppermine has a problem with web publish for albums assigned to a group, but works for publich and personal albums.
But my life is too short for Joachim, The test user idre is closed.

I do no want to get help or be active on this forum while Joachim rules.
So this is my final posting for a very long time.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 09:30:33 pm »

What was written above was intended to help you. We needed particular settings in place so we could help you. As you obviously do not want help I shall close this thread and say goodbye.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.