Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Select on 8 keyfields  (Read 3385 times)

arnoudj

• Coppermine newbie
[Invalid]: Select on 8 keyfields
« on: April 13, 2010, 01:09:54 pm »

I have a collection of photographs of old airplanes which I want to catalog. Each picture has 8 charastaristics (at least): Factory, Type, Ground/Flying, IssuedBy, Aircompany, Marks, Name, Airfield. So I am looking for a picture album program in which I can put all my images, everyone with the 8 characteristics (preferably choosen form lists I have made in advance). A visitor of this site can make his choice of the 8 selection fields and gets as a result all the thumbnails that meet the requirements. Clicking on a thumbnail shows the larger, original image.

I have no idea if Coppermine is able to do these tricks. Can anyone tell me if it is yes or no? And, if yes, how to? And, if no, will Coppermine be able in the future?

regards and thanks,

Paul Jansen

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 01:23:58 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Select on 8 keyfields
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 01:23:49 pm »

Not a valid feature request. A feature request is a request for a feature in a future coppermine version. You are asking if Coppermine has a particular feature already. Marking your thread accordingly and locking. Please respect board rules in the future.
The answer to your question is: Coppermine doesn't come with exactly that set of features: it does have custom fields for image description (but only 4 and not 8 of them), and out of the box they are implemented as text fields and not as dropdown boxes. So, strictly put, the answer is: no, Coppermine can't do that. But then, no gallery on earth will do exactly what you're up to do. If your question is: can Coppermine be modified to work as proposed, then the answer is: probably yes.
In your case I'd create categories that match the factory and albums that match the type, which will subsequently reduce the number of fields you need to 6. If "issuedBy" is the name of the uploader (which is a field that get's populated in Coppermine), you're down to 5 fields. Use the existing title and caption fields together with the 4 custom fields and you're exactly where you want to be: you have 6 fields available and you will only need 5 of them.
If you want to discuss this in detail, do as I suggested initially and respect board rules in your next posting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.