Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album permissions for specific user  (Read 5358 times)

FatBear

Album permissions for specific user
« on: April 12, 2010, 12:48:30 am »

I have a gallery (V1.4.25) set up for a club.  During a club event one or more members will take photos and will then forward them to me to add to the gallery.  (I do not wish to deal with the chaos which would ensue if I allowed them to create their own albums and upload their own photos.)  I create a new album for each event and place the photos in the album.  But I am not at these events and often do not even know who is in the photos, so I try to get the person who took the photos to caption them for me.  To do that, I have been giving full admin permissions to the individual who submitted the photos, encouraging them to go caption their photos, then trying to remember to remove their permissions after they have finished.  This is not a good system.  SO what I would like to know is:

Is it possible to give editing permission for an individual album to one or more specific users, but still have the album visible to the general public?

I see that there is a "gallery password", but I cannot figure out how to use it.  When I set a password, the whole album becomes invisible to an unregistered user.  I want everyone to be able to view the album, but only specified users to be allowed to edit it.  I thought maybe album permissions could be set by groups, but I don't see that, either.  What can I do?
   Thanks,

--Brian

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album permissions for specific user
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:56:50 am »

The gallery password toggles the viewing permission, not the permission to edit the description fields, so it's not an option for you. I suggest to change ownership after uploading - that's what I do when I upload pics that someone else has sent me images by mail: I batch-add those pics and then use phpMyAdmin to change the ownership directly inside the pictures table to the user account of the person who sent me the email in the first place. This will lead to the effect that the user is the owner, but doesn't have to be an admin.
Alternatively, use the Annotate plugin.

If you want details, do as suggested per board rules first (you agreed to respect board rules when you signed up and then again when you composed your posting).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.