Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I implement a solution for a known bug  (Read 4556 times)

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
How do I implement a solution for a known bug
« on: April 11, 2010, 11:28:40 am »

Hi

Hope I choose the right place for this, it is not easy for a newbie to understand what the support topics are about.

My web:
I have installed cpg1.5.3 RC.
My gallery: http://www.nordstjernealle.dk
Installed in subdir ...../cpg1.5.3 (use a html redirect in /index.php)
webhost: www.surftown.dk
(I tryed to rename cpg1.5.3 to cpg in seems to work but renamed it back for now, to see if that was the error reason no change)
php version 4.4.9

I had some work getting the permissions right, I think I did but I am only 99% sure.
I have made a few config chagnes to fit my taste.
Debug and login is on but I get no logs created when I try to view log files, can be a separate error?
I have upload pictures using ftp and batch added them in one album. They can be viewed.

I get a critical error when login in (no debug info) and the same critical error when login out:
It is a known error described in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,64193.0.html

"
While executing query 'INSERT INTO cpg15x_temp_messages  SET  message_id = 'd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e',  user_id = '3',  time   = '1270976124',  message = 'Bye+bye+admin+...'' in include/functions.inc.php on line 4807
mySQL error: Duplicate entry 'd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e' for key 1
"
I read in the resolved topic that a correction is made: "Committed another fix in r7340."

Is it possible for a newbie with very little html and php knowledge to get and implement this fix or must I downgrade to 1.4 to fix it ?

If I must downgrade can I downgrade the same way as an upgrade is desribed in the documentation?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How do I implement a solution for a known bug
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:45:46 pm »

To patch a particular bug that exists in the package you downloaded, but that has been fixed by the coppermine developers, perform a subversion checkout by downloading http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/cpg1.5.x.tar.gz?view=tar and extracting that to a temporary folder on your client. Then perform an upgrade as suggested in the docs, not using a package downloaded from our download section, but instead using the archive from the subversion repository.
You're can't downgrade to cpg1.4.x if you have performed a fresh install of cpg1.5.x. You shouldn't be using a package that is renamed "release candidate" if you have no idea how to patch it.

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
Re: How do I implement a solution for a known bug
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 11:11:20 pm »

Hi Joachim

Thanks for pointing me to right place for the fix and telling me that I should just use the normal update procedure.

Sure I had some idee about how to, but applying a fix could have required other means than a full upgrade, and it is must better to know for sure than
quessing around. You provided exactly what I need. I am pretty handy with a computer in general, and done a little programming too, for the last 25 year. I am just a total newbie when it comes to web pages and web programming. But you are right as a newbie I should peraps have choosen the stable release, I just though I could help testing as a newbie sees thinks differently.

If the path fail to work I will just uninstall the 1.5.x completely and install the stable 1.4.26

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.