Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: login links  (Read 10749 times)

joe999

• Coppermine newbie
login links
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:54:00 pm »

How can login links be created in cpg1.5.3?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: login links
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 10:00:37 pm »

Please elaborate what you are trying to do.

Also please post a link to your site as per the board rules.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

joe999

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 10:11:35 pm »

link to my site: http://jobilder.lima-city.de/cpg1.5.3/

I would like to create a link including username and password to automatically login when klicken the link.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 10:17:13 pm »

Are you asking, That when a user goes to your gallery they can click a button to automatically log in?
Is so why don't you just turn off registration?
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

joe999

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 10:34:06 pm »

I would like to send emails to friends including the login link, to make it easier for them the to login.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 10:49:04 pm »

Why not just send a link to http://jobilder.lima-city.de/cpg1.5.3/login.php?referer=index.php

Sending out login details with every mail is just silly imo.

joe999

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 10:57:26 pm »

Hi Phill,
thank you for your answer. I would like to use cpg to share my pictures, and I want to make it for my friends as easy as possible to see my pictures. I think klicken on a link and seeing instantly what I'm sharing would be just more convenient than manually login.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 11:02:47 pm »

The security built into the cpg login will not allow what you want to do. The best thing would be for your friends to click the box "Remember me" after the first time they log in. Yes you can send them the name and password, but you cannot send the "coded key" and encrypted password in an email.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 11:04:30 pm »

To send the link to the login page within an email, just copy and paste the link from the address bar that shows when you visit the login link manually. In your case, that's http://jobilder.lima-city.de/cpg1.5.3/login.php
But I guess that's not what you had in mind. Instead, you're probably asking for a way to send users a link by email that will send them to an URL that logs the user automatically in (this has been requested before at least) without the need to specify username and password in a form. Although it would be technically possible to come up with code that circumvented the security features bult into coppermine, it's totally insecure and just wrong, that's why I strongly doubt that someone around here will be ready to code such insecure nonsense for you.
I don't have the impression that http://jobilder.lima-city.de/ is the actual URL of your gallery that you will be using, but rather a site that is meant to catter for the need to post a link to your site that you have set up on the webspace of the free webhoster just for that purpose.

joe999

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 11:11:03 pm »

To bad....but thank you very much for your support.

maybe I switch back to cpg1.4.26. Because with this version it was possible to create login links like

http://bilderjo.lima-city.de/login.php?submitted=1&username="my_username"&password="my_password"

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 11:26:12 pm »

No, that's no true - that was not possible in cpg1.4.x, at least not in the version we provide.

joe999

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 11:34:21 pm »

Hi Joachim,
thank you for your reply! I just started to use cpg...it's now the 3. day. I am still in the testing phase. I like to set it up for my needs befor I start to use it. And for you info, I have now a second webspace runing your new release cpd 1.5. Just to find out which one ist better for my needs.
And you are right I had to change some minore things in login.php in version 1.4.26 I think you posted it in the forum.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 11:56:14 pm »

No offence but if users are too lazy to login then are they really going to spend the time looking at the images anyway? I would just email a link to the album in question if it is visible to all. If not then your users must have put the effort in to register so I am sure it would be no hassle for them to login.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 06:43:31 am »

I don't have the impression that http://jobilder.lima-city.de/ is the actual URL of your gallery that you will be using, but rather a site that is meant to catter for the need to post a link to your site that you have set up on the webspace of the free webhoster just for that purpose.
Mr joe999 has ignored what I said above, probably because I've hit the nail right on the head. The question is: why is joe999 reluctant to share his actual live URL with us? Because he's a known user who is banned? Because he is not respecting the license? I have no idea, and I'm not in the mood to start an argument. But I have decided that I'm not going to support him any longer unless he shows us the actual live URL of his "real" gallery, and I'm asking the staff to review their support for Mr. Joe as well.

joe999

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 03:02:24 pm »

Hi Joachim,
 I just can repeat what I've allready said. I've started to use cpg maybe 4 days ago and I liked it, but as I realise that everything I do is wrong...I'm not sure yet, but maybe I'll stopp to use it in the future.
I can just repeat: I'm still testing cpg or would you start to use it right away? I have to learn how it works!
And yesterday for example I got rid of the /cpg1.5.3/ in my link-address. Now its only http://jobilder.lima-city.de.
And furthermore I'm now able to use the link-login for my site (I've change the login.php :-) ), and did much more yesterday evening, so I've got realy happy with cpg and I really value your work here!!
And one more thing, that's my first experience with webspace domains and so on.
I hope you believe what I've said, becaus I like your cpg!
Greetings Joe

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 05:06:45 pm »

Hm, sounds hard to believe, as you said for example
maybe I switch back to cpg1.4.26. Because with this version it was possible to create login links [...]
This doesn't sound as if you're a first time user to me.

joe999

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 06:19:34 pm »

It's getting realy difficult here! As I told you I've started 4 days ago using cpg. Than I read there is a new version and users should test them on a different webspace and give feedback. Thats what I did.
This sentence you are referring to was maybe a bit ambiguous. I've used (tested)older cpg for 2 days, than I found the new version......but really man whats the problem.
I value your work, I like cpg and now I have it allmost ready to use. Only Some minore points left. So when I go on holidays in summer i will use cpg to share photos. nice programm. peace!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 06:29:48 pm »

And furthermore I'm now able to use the link-login for my site (I've change the login.php :-) ), and did much more yesterday evening,

The it would be good to resolve your thread by posting what you did for the benefit of others.

joe999

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 11:49:27 pm »

I replaced all post by get in the login.php file in the root directory.
To make it clear: the word "post" by the word "get".
Now it's possible do use the weblogin or the linklogin  :)
The login-link should now look like this:
http://yoursite/login.php?submitted=1&username=yourlogin&password=yourpassword

replace yourlogin and yourpassword with your personal login data.

joe999

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 11:55:55 pm »

one more thing. I'm not an expert, so I don't know which effects this changes may also have.
Just for your info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.