Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I implement a solution for a known bug  (Read 4596 times)

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
How do I implement a solution for a known bug
« on: April 11, 2010, 11:28:40 am »

Hi

Hope I choose the right place for this, it is not easy for a newbie to understand what the support topics are about.

My web:
I have installed cpg1.5.3 RC.
My gallery: http://www.nordstjernealle.dk
Installed in subdir ...../cpg1.5.3 (use a html redirect in /index.php)
webhost: www.surftown.dk
(I tryed to rename cpg1.5.3 to cpg in seems to work but renamed it back for now, to see if that was the error reason no change)
php version 4.4.9

I had some work getting the permissions right, I think I did but I am only 99% sure.
I have made a few config chagnes to fit my taste.
Debug and login is on but I get no logs created when I try to view log files, can be a separate error?
I have upload pictures using ftp and batch added them in one album. They can be viewed.

I get a critical error when login in (no debug info) and the same critical error when login out:
It is a known error described in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,64193.0.html

"
While executing query 'INSERT INTO cpg15x_temp_messages  SET  message_id = 'd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e',  user_id = '3',  time   = '1270976124',  message = 'Bye+bye+admin+...'' in include/functions.inc.php on line 4807
mySQL error: Duplicate entry 'd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e' for key 1
"
I read in the resolved topic that a correction is made: "Committed another fix in r7340."

Is it possible for a newbie with very little html and php knowledge to get and implement this fix or must I downgrade to 1.4 to fix it ?

If I must downgrade can I downgrade the same way as an upgrade is desribed in the documentation?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How do I implement a solution for a known bug
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:45:46 pm »

To patch a particular bug that exists in the package you downloaded, but that has been fixed by the coppermine developers, perform a subversion checkout by downloading http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/cpg1.5.x.tar.gz?view=tar and extracting that to a temporary folder on your client. Then perform an upgrade as suggested in the docs, not using a package downloaded from our download section, but instead using the archive from the subversion repository.
You're can't downgrade to cpg1.4.x if you have performed a fresh install of cpg1.5.x. You shouldn't be using a package that is renamed "release candidate" if you have no idea how to patch it.

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
Re: How do I implement a solution for a known bug
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 11:11:20 pm »

Hi Joachim

Thanks for pointing me to right place for the fix and telling me that I should just use the normal update procedure.

Sure I had some idee about how to, but applying a fix could have required other means than a full upgrade, and it is must better to know for sure than
quessing around. You provided exactly what I need. I am pretty handy with a computer in general, and done a little programming too, for the last 25 year. I am just a total newbie when it comes to web pages and web programming. But you are right as a newbie I should peraps have choosen the stable release, I just though I could help testing as a newbie sees thinks differently.

If the path fail to work I will just uninstall the 1.5.x completely and install the stable 1.4.26

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.