Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: No album where you are allowed to upload files...  (Read 6609 times)

crispywafers

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: No album where you are allowed to upload files...
« on: April 10, 2010, 08:44:58 pm »

I'm getting frustrated. This should be simple, I've read the documentation...but I'm obviously missing something.

As an admin - I've created an album. In the group settings for registered users I've set "yes" to allow uploads to public albums. In the album properties I've set "yes" to visitors can upload files...

As an admin - it will let me upload a file to the album. As a registered user - it will not - gives me the "sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload photos" message.

What gives?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 03:53:10 pm by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: No album where you are allowed to upload files...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:00:04 pm »

but I'm obviously missing something.

You're missing the bit where you need to post a link for us to take a look. It would also be useful to supply a test user account for us and enable debug mode.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

crispywafers

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 10:05:20 pm »

Just figured it out - apparently firefox, because of autofill,  was inserting a password into the albums password box... and I had not noticed.

Once I turned off form autofill I was able to delete out the password and save the albums settings - worked after that.

Maybe this will help someone else...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 03:52:59 pm »

Well, indeed you should know your browser's features and be able to use your browser in the way it was designed. But that's beyond the scope of this board to teach you how your browser works.
On this board we have board rules. You agreed to respect them when you signed up. They show each time you compose a posting. You have been reminded about those rules by Phill. Yet you haven't done as suggested. Respect board rules immediately (by doing as Phill suggested) and in all future postings. Otherwise, you're no longer welcome on this forum.

crispywafers

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Solved]: No album where you are allowed to upload files...
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 04:15:52 pm »

I apologize if I have broken a board rule. I did read the rules. If you mean Phill reminded me of the rule to post a link - and I never did - that is simply because by the time he responded to the post - I had managed to solve the problem - so I didn't post a link. If you notice - I posted immediately that I had solved the problem - which was only a short time after Phill had responded that I should have posted a link. I will remember to post a link in the future.

As for the comment of not knowing my browser - I respect that you probably deal with stupid questions/postings all day and therefore, as time has gone by, have little tolerance anymore for people when they have a problem that is a result of their own oversight/mistake. I get it. Sorry.

Abigael

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: No album where you are allowed to upload files...
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 11:28:23 pm »

You still need to post the link, even after resolving the thread. It's mandatory to post a link to your gallery in each thread you post in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.