Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Choose a Theme" and Title, Filename, etc. on album pages?  (Read 3421 times)

LAWill

• Coppermine newbie
"Choose a Theme" and Title, Filename, etc. on album pages?
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:54:03 am »

I've switched from another gallery and have just begun adding photos to my gallery.  I will be the only person uploading images although I certainly hope there will be visitors to my gallery once I have more albums.  I am using version 1.4.26.

My question is, on the one album that I have completed, it appears that the ability to Choose a Theme is available to any visitor, as is the Title, File Name, Date and Position +-.

Clearly I do not want to spend hours putting my albums together the way I want them displayed only to have a visitor reorder the images or change how the gallery is viewed.  I'm guessing there is a way to remove these options from all but the Admin (me), but I have searched and cannot find it.

Can someone point me in the right direction.  I'm a total illiterate when it comes to the inner workings of a web site.  Would appreciate any help I get.  Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Choose a Theme" and Title, Filename, etc. on album pages?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 07:48:36 am »

My question is, on the one album that I have completed, it appears that the ability to Choose a Theme is available to any visitor, as is the Title, File Name, Date and Position +-.
That's not a theme selector, but it allows your visitor to sort the thumbnail view by different criteria. If that bothers you, turn the sort feature off as suggested in countless postings. A theme selector is something else - it shows when you enable Display theme list in Coppermine's config.
I'm guessing there is a way to remove these options from all but the Admin (me), but I have searched and cannot find it.
Hm, I don't get that impression. Maybe you shouldn't have searched for the terms "remove theme", but for "remove sort" or similar ::).

Can someone point me in the right direction.  I'm a total illiterate when it comes to the inner workings of a web site.
But you're not completely illiterate as far as reading in itself is concerned? Because when you signed up, you acknowledged to respect board rules. A link to those board rules is visible at the top of the screen inside the entire forum. As you have performed a thorough search (you said so) you certainly discovered many postings like yours where users have been reminded of board rules. Finally, when you composed your message there was a warning at the top of the screen that again reminded you to respect board rules. You still ignored them. That gave you a very bad start and a grumpy moderator. Please read up board rules now and act accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.