Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: making one of the user defined fields (for image description) be a drop down box  (Read 4954 times)

john00

• Coppermine newbie

Id like to be able to do this as I want users to be able to choose a specific name from a list of 10 or so, i dont want them to have to worry if theyre spelling it right.. or by putting the wrong thing.

much like how they select the album theyre uploading it to.. what code do i have to change to accomplish this.. ive tried just using a <select... etc but that doesnt work because the form is in an array.. what to do?

john00

• Coppermine newbie

i think it would mean creating a new thing in the mysql database.. but i dont know how to do that.. can ANYONE help.. ive asked at like 4 different boards.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

would require a lot of code changes. I don't think anyone from the coppermine dev team will come up with a hack to accomplish this (and I won't either, as I don't see a point in this).

GauGau

john00

• Coppermine newbie

i honestly dont think it would be that hard.  it would just have to be in the same fashion as how you pick the album.  There is a point in this as it could be whatever you wanted.  for instance, if you wanted people to HAVE to choose something.. and wanted it to be spelled correctly so it was easy to search.  If people have to pick between say... icons or wallpapers.  You could make hte drop down box be those two choices.. and then when you search, you could search icons and only the ones with icons would show up.  The dropdown box makes it so people that cant spell cant screw up (ie ikons, icon, etc)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

in that case, just replace the <input>-fields with <select><option> statements and you should be fine...

GauGau

john00

• Coppermine newbie

i would.. but its in an array?  ill look at it again.. but i couldnt get it to work last time i tried that..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.