Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Store generated files in other location?  (Read 3651 times)

letrout

• Coppermine newbie
Store generated files in other location?
« on: May 28, 2004, 01:28:54 am »

Is it possible to store CPG-generated files (thumbnails and intermediates) somewhere other than the same directory as the original pictures? I'd prefer to keep my original picture directories free of this kind of stuff. For example, occasionally I want to dump the pictures from some event to a CD or DVD, I'd rather not have to cull out these generated files each time I do that. I'd also like to access my albums via a RO NFS mount to my fileserver. This would prevent me from having to copy GB worth of pictures to the web server, and I don't want the webserver to have write access to the archives on my file server. And, philosophically it just seems "cleaner" to me.

Sorry if this is already possible, I just installed CPG yesterday and am still getting familiarized.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Store generated files in other location?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 07:47:35 pm »

no, this is not possible "out-of-the-box" and I haven't heard of anyone accomplishing this as a hack, sorry.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.