Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't want to have thumbs  (Read 7875 times)

PastaPesto

• Coppermine newbie
I don't want to have thumbs
« on: April 08, 2010, 10:06:44 am »

Hi,

I'm creating a galery with only small gif picture, so i don't need to have a thumb for every picture, i need the picture in real size.
In the previous version of coppermine you remove the "_thumb" prefixe and it was perfect ! But in the 1.5 version i don't find how to do it ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: I don't want to have thumbs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 07:51:35 pm »

But in the 1.5 version i don't find how to do it ?
Really? Looks like you haven't searched hard enough. Reading the documentation before posting can be very entertaining. Doing as suggested per board rules usually makes supporters much more willing to look into your issues in detail.
In the previous version of coppermine you remove the "_thumb" prefixe and it was perfect !
Hm, I doubt that this was a perfect solution. If your originals are smaller in terms of resolution than the size you have specified for thumbnails, coppermine won't create thumbnails. This is much more efficient.

PastaPesto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 08:36:13 pm »

Thanks for the reply,

Ok my fault i read the documentation but i didn't see that part :
"This feature is deprecated in cpg1.5.x or better and can no longer be configured"
So i stop looking for it ;D

I don't understand "If your originals are smaller in terms of resolution than the size you have specified for thumbnails, coppermine won't create thumbnails. This is much more efficient." i have animated gif (20x20 for example) I put width : 100 / height : 100 and i've a 100x100 gif as thumbnail ... i try in other way width : 2 / height : 2 and i've a 2x2 as thumbnail ... i tried every settings width / height / max aspect / exact (i've uploaded each time a new picture to test) and this is the same

There is no way to disable the creation of thumbnail ?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 09:17:03 pm »

Please post a link to your site as per the board rules.

Changing the thumb dimensions will only effect new uploads, not existing ones.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

PastaPesto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 08:04:44 am »

"Changing the thumb dimensions will only effect new uploads, not existing ones." yes i understand it's why i upload a new picture each times i change a settings

Here is the url : http://tchat.lescigales.org/index.php (test/test) this is a test galerie

After a night the thumb are not resize anymore (i put 100x100 for thumb size), perhaps a cache issue, but it's a thumb who is created in "http://mywebsite/albums/userpics/10001/" and my animated gif are corrupted (not moving) i remove the "_thumb" in the database but it's the same :(
My only solution i think is to remove the "_thumb" prefixe in database and copy every original picture in "http://mywebsite/albums/userpics/10001/" to replace the thumb ...

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 10:39:08 am »

In my opinion you're confusing many things and you're drawing the wrong conclusions. First of all, the default prefix is "thumb_". Changing that around to "_thumb" is just silly and won't do anything at all - you can trust me on that. The only possible solution that will actually do something is editing your database directly using a tool like phpMyAdmin, browsing coppermine's config table, finding the record "thumb_pfx" and changing the value to "" (blank), i.e. nothing. Deleting the record from the database is not the same - you mustn't do that. Coppermine will then display your original-sized image everywhere where it normally would display the thumbnail, and that's what you're asking for as far as I can see.

But the fundamental question to me is: you say that cpg1.4.x worked fine for you; then why on earth are you starting over instead of just upgrading your existing cpg1.4.x gallery to cpg1.5.x?

Joachim

P.S. It is my sincere believe that animated GIFs suck and should be dropped. Using Coppermine to store a bunch of smileys is overkill and not what Coppermine was developed for.

PastaPesto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 11:00:05 am »

In my opinion you're confusing many things and you're drawing the wrong conclusions. First of all, the default prefix is "thumb_". Changing that around to "_thumb" is just silly and won't do anything at all - you can trust me on that. The only possible solution that will actually do something is editing your database directly using a tool like phpMyAdmin, browsing coppermine's config table, finding the record "thumb_pfx" and changing the value to "" (blank), i.e. nothing.

My mistake (i don't put _thumb) in fact i remove the prefixe "thumb_" and put "" instead but it doesn't change anything because it always create a thumb and so destroy the gif in "/albums/userpics/10001/" directorie instead of calling it "thumb_smiley.gif" it calls it "smiley.gif"

But the fundamental question to me is: you say that cpg1.4.x worked fine for you; then why on earth are you starting over instead of just upgrading your existing cpg1.4.x gallery to cpg1.5.x?

In fact it's a new galery and i assume that 1.5 is better regarding security ect ... when i do something new i prefer to take latest version, i don't want to take time to create my galery and have defaced because it's an older version :(

P.S. It is my sincere believe that animated GIFs suck and should be dropped. Using Coppermine to store a bunch of smileys is overkill and not what Coppermine was developed for.

I'm ok with that point Coppermine is a very powerfull tools and too much for what i want to do, but this is the only tools who taking care of gif correctly :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 11:57:32 am »

In fact it's a new galery and i assume that 1.5 is better regarding security ect ... when i do something new i prefer to take latest version, i don't want to take time to create my galery and have defaced because it's an older version :(
That doesn't answer the question why you have performed a fresh install instead of upgrading: after upgrading, you have all the new features. Why start over? There simply is no reason at all to do so.

PastaPesto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 03:09:57 pm »

My galery is a fresh new galery so i've took the last version of coppermine (1.5) and install it, this is the most logical for me and it's why i've done like this :) and i was assuming that if i did an update i won't see any difference than with a fresh new install ...

After your message i've tried to install the 1.4 and upgrade in 1.5 and it's working ;D i've removed the thumb prefix and i've my original gif directly on the cover album !

So it's perfect thanks for the answer and help :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.