Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Include coppermine in main index.php  (Read 9386 times)

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
Include coppermine in main index.php
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:55:23 pm »

Hi

How do I include /mydomain/cpg1.5.3/index.php in /xxx/index.php?

I have made an effort looking in the docs and forum but have not found an answer to my question, hope I did not miss it.
I am a total newbie in php and html and this is properly so simple you did not think anyone could ask.
I have successfully made a total clean of my surftown webhotel after the old web with an old coppermine oneclick was hacked.
I have successfully installed cpg1.5.3 and it works if I write the full path: www.mydomain/cpg1.5.3/index.php.
At present I have nothink else on my web and just want my www.mydomain/index.php to point to coppermine.
At present the main index.php just include surftown initial marketing contence, I believe we can just overwrite it.
I tryied to make a simpel php include statement but that fails.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Include coppermine in main index.php
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:10:36 am »

Posting the actual link to your Coppermine is required.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270616.html#msg270616

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 07:09:40 am »

halnat

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 06:43:47 pm »

You have installed coppermine in the wrong directory. To achieve what you want, you should install coppermine in the main directory for your site - ie. same directory where you find the sample content from surftown.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 07:53:46 pm »

I have successfully made a total clean of my surftown webhotel after the old web with an old coppermine oneclick was hacked.
To me it doesn't look as if your site was properly sanitized. Read up Yikes, I've been hacked! Now what?

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 11:54:52 pm »

Hi

Sorry my webpage is www. nordstjernealle.dk
Before it worked it did not make any sense to access it.

I am pretty sure it is cleaned, I deleted every think even the sql databases before reinstalling.
Main index.php was restored to surftown default for new customers.

I found the solution through a hint from a working college.
I have fixed the problem with a html redirect statement in the main index.php.
Just search for html redirect on google and you get:
http://www.instant-web-site-tools.com/html-redirect.html

I think you did not understand how simpel my problem was, I am a total newbie to php and even more in html so I do not write any code myself.
I choose to install in a subdirectory in case I wanted to add some think else to my webpage later on.

It seem to work well even with "." but I will consider removing them since you recommend that.

Is there a way to remove the warning "! The PHP setting register_globals is enabled on your server".
It dos spoil the look.
I have ask surftown to remove it, but they still consider due to compability with people older php code.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 12:28:44 am »

The actual link to your website is - http://www.nordstjernealle.dk . Please do not disable your link in future by putting a space in, it just makes it more work for us.

Instead of a redirect you could have simply installed coppermine in the root of your filesystem. Or you could have created a homepage in the root etc. Your host puts a holding page there, that is all. As soon as you put your own index.htm or remove the existing one and put an index.php in that root folder it will be the one the user sees.

The warning will only be seen by an admin, not regular users. Logout and you will see that.

Finally, please always resolve your threads by clicking the little tick mark in your post.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 09:27:47 pm »

Hi again

Even though my personal problem is solved I have left it open, this is because I want the people that have done their best to help me to read this final statement, if this is an error I apologize, I will close it within a day or two.

See also my own answer above.
Sorry about the space in the link for my web page, it was a typo. Also I though http:// is the default in browsers, but that may be due to my lack of knowledge on the subject.
And sorry about the resolved icon, I am 99% icon blind. It took me 5 minuttes to find it, now I know to look for it. Anyway I wanted to have all relevant comments to the issue so it was also a deliberate choice that I did not look for it.
I do not understand that Joe and others say I should NOT install in a subfolder?
Because the install doc clearly state that it is possible, I quote:

"
Run the install script on your server
Type the following URL into the address bar of your web browser: http://your_server/coppermine_dir/install.php (your_server = your website, coppermine_dir = the folder in which you uploaded your Coppermine files.) Follow the online instructions on the install screen inserting the necessary information as requested.
"

I did choose a subdir because someday I might need to install another preprogrammed application like cpg. As a none web programmer how should I find out to integrate these in the same index file and perhaps they use the same filenames in top level and overwrite each other. If I add application no 2 I must of course make an index page with two links instead one redirect, I think I should be able to manage that. But I will not try to merge two applications index files and themes etc into one, it is above my skills and ambitions (If I want to spend the time I could off course learn it, but right know I busy learning mysql and pearl.).

I must also respectfully say I disagree with the moderator Joachim about where this question belongs. I would newer look under themes, themes is somethink I  I can choose inside the application in a menu and has nothink to do getting the application up and running. But that may be due to my lack of skills.
To me and I think other total newbies without any web programming skills, this is an install issue and that is where we would look for it.

My thanks to the people who choose to spend their sparetime helping dummies like me.
There are some god points in nearly all answers to my issue.

http://www.nordstjernealle.dk

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 11:33:12 pm »

Installing in a sub-folder is fine, Joe never suggested otherwise but another user (halnat) did. IMO, you have done that the right way.

As for not being an install problem from your initial description Joachim was correct to move it. You sounded as if you wanted to integrate coppermine in an existing page and that is indeed what themeing is all about. You create a custom theme to look the same as the site you are using. If you had an install problem and were struggilng with that then your initial description did not really come across that way. I am a native English speaker and I felt that is what you meant. To a German (even one with a superb grasp of English) I can see exactly where he is coming from. If you re-read your initial post you might see that.

As for getting the correct link, always check your links. If you see you have made a mistake please post again with a clickable link (as it saves us a lot of extra moderation effort). I added the http: through habit.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.