Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Category set up help  (Read 3377 times)

leftcoastjoe

• Coppermine newbie
Category set up help
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:40:24 pm »

I'm hitting a roadblock trying to set up how I want photos to be structured on my page and was hoping for a bit of guidance. Basically this is what I'd like to do:

Past Events (parent category?)
*Concerts
   1) TOOL
   2) Nirvana

*Boxing
   1) 4.10.2009
   2) 01.22.2001

*MMA
  1) Strikeforce
  2) UFC

And so on. Basically a parent category with several main galleries which then has several different albums. I hope I have explained this sufficiently and I thank you for your help.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Category set up help
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:47:59 pm »

Post a link. Board rules / Forum policies: Post Links

Just create your parent 'Past Events' Category and then a category for each stared item then an album for your numbered items.

If that's not what you wanted to here, please explain your problem again.

Don't forget to post a link.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

leftcoastjoe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 12:37:25 am »

Thanks for the reply! I think part of the problem I may be having is that I cant figure out how to create a parent category. Where it says "Move into" the only choice I have available is *No Category* I have attached a screen grab o show you.

www.memorialhallkc.com/coppermine

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:17:31 am »

"No category" means "root category" or "root of the entire gallery"; it doesn't mean "move into nirvana" or "delete". As far as I can see your gallery already is set up exactly as you would like it to be set up (in terms of logical nesting of categories, sub-categories and albums) - see attached screenshot. Is your question related to the visual appearance on your index page?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.