Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG121 install problem  (Read 7059 times)

SteveR

• Coppermine newbie
CPG121 install problem
« on: May 27, 2004, 05:44:08 pm »

I have removed 1.3 from my site any have tried to install 1.21 with phpBB intergration, BUT now i any getting the following errors when i run the install script.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /data/sites/shoalhaven-mc.org.au/html/SiteIndex/PhotoGallery/bridge/phpbb.inc.php on line 37

This is line 37:
define('PHPBB_COOKIE_PREFIX', 'phpbb2mysql'); // The prefix used for board cookies

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: udb_authenticate() in /data/sites/shoalhaven-mc.org.au/html/SiteIndex/PhotoGallery/include/init.inc.php on line 167

This is line 37:
udb_authenticate();

If any one can give me some suggestions i would be very grateful.

Sandra

• Coppermine newbie
Re: CPG121 install problem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 05:54:38 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know Coppermine can't be installed twice on the same database...

SteveR

• Coppermine newbie
?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 06:01:15 pm »

You have lost me. Are you trying to tell me something, if so could you be a bit clearer.
Maybe u r on the wrong track. There is only one CPG in the db.

Sandra

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 06:04:24 pm »

No no no... You've installed a version of Coppermine on the database once, right? Well, even if you deleted the other version you can't reinstall another one on the same database. You need to create a new one.

SteveR

• Coppermine newbie
To Sandra - Why?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 06:13:03 pm »

Why?  I have removed ALL associated tables from the db. What other signatures of past installs could exist to cause this. Is this problem related to the db? Any suggestions. I am only a newbie but learning hard and fast.

Sandra

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 06:16:03 pm »

Well, I haven't created Coppermine so I can't answer that. ;) I have however consulted my friend who knows a lot more about Coppermine than I do and she said if you wish to reinstall Coppermine, no matter what version, you need to create a new database for it. :/

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 06:24:03 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know Coppermine can't be installed twice on the same database...

You're wrong,  Coppermine can be installed multiple times on the same database, as long as each install has different table prefixes.

This error is telling you that line 37 has an error.  Your line does look correct, assuming that is the name of your phpbb cookie.
Please post here lines 25 - 39.  Note, edit out your password.

The init.inc.php error is caused by the problem in your bridge file.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Sandra

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 06:27:05 pm »

You're wrong,  Coppermine can be installed multiple times on the same database, as long as each install has different table prefixes.

This error is telling you that line 37 has an error.  Your line does look correct, assuming that is the name of your phpbb cookie.
Please post here lines 25 - 39.  Note, edit out your password.

The init.inc.php error is caused by the problem in your bridge file.
I stand corrected. But at least my friend haven't been able to do it, nor my other friend... how weird. :-\\

SteveR

• Coppermine newbie
MMMMMmmm
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 06:28:54 pm »

::) Well before i go adding another db i will call it a night soon (it's now 2:20 an sth of Sydney) and try a few things later after some really needed sleep. Thanks for help.
regards, steve@shoalhaven-mc.org.au

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 06:36:54 pm »

I stand corrected. But at least my friend haven't been able to do it, nor my other friend... how weird. :-\\

When installing coppermine, the install screen fills in the table prefix with the default setting.  If this is not your first install, you need to change this to something different.  Then it will work.  If you have copied the directory from an existing install, you need to delete the install lock and config.inc.php first.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Sandra

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 06:46:30 pm »

When installing coppermine, the install screen fills in the table prefix with the default setting.  If this is not your first install, you need to change this to something different.  Then it will work.  If you have copied the directory from an existing install, you need to delete the install lock and config.inc.php first.
Ahh, that must be the reason why my friends have thought it isn't possible to reinstall. Thanks for the info, I know better next time. ;)

SteveR

• Coppermine newbie
Re: CPG121 install problem - Part 0548898999877645
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 06:48:22 pm »

I had CPG 1.3 installed but would not upload pics.
I removed CPG 1.3: ALL folder and directoy, and ALL tables imbeded in db containg phpBB_ tables. (did not remove BB tables).
Uploaded new directory with old name "PhotoGallery" with all file as unzipped from your site.
Completed ALL file editing.
Ran install script.
Got error message.
EoM.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 06:50:56 pm »

I don't think this is caused by your previous install, but by an error in your bridge file.

Please post the lines I asked for above (25 - 39), of your bridge file.  Edit out your db password.

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 06:51:05 pm »

Why are you attempting to run install with the bridge activated?
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

SteveR

• Coppermine newbie
Lines 25-39 bridge/phpbb.inc.php
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2004, 06:57:42 pm »

define('PHPBB_DB_NAME', 'shoalmc'); // The name of the database used by the board
define('PHPBB_BD_HOST', 'localhost'); // The name of the database server
define('PHPBB_DB_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxx'); // The username to use to connect to the database
define('PHPBB_DB_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxx'); // The password to use to connect to the database

// The web path to your phpBB directory
// In this example http://yoursite_name.com/phpBB2/
define('PHPBB_WEB_PATH', 'http:\\www.shoalhaven-mc.org.au\SiteIndex\BulletinBoard\phpBB2\');
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------- //
// You can keep the default values below if your instalation is standard
// The prefix for the phpBB cookies
define('PHPBB_COOKIE_PREFIX', 'phpbb2mysql'); // The prefix used for board cookies

// Prefix and names for the database tables

Woops: Line 32 ERROR: path should be \BulletinBoard\      not have \phpBB2\ hanging off.
I will edit/save and re-run.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 06:58:28 pm »

DOH, I didn't notice that.   :-[

Install as standalone first, ie with the init.inc.php and bridge file unaltered from the default.

Then when all is correct, activate the bridge.  

ot, shouldn't you Aussies be in bed?

SteveR

• Coppermine newbie
Dictionary definition of "BED"
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 07:14:53 pm »

"BED" - "Page not found"

I am not too sure what "bridge" being active means but i get the picture. In fact that was my next step after "BED".

Thanks for the help.

Nighty Nite!

Mr Tee

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • The Studio Online
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2004, 10:01:44 pm »

As I am having difficulty getting my gallery to integrate, and I am pretty sure it has something to do with the cookie, can someone please confirm is cookie prefix the same as cookie name? The cookie on the gallery is phpbb2mysql and the cookie name on my phpbb2 board is photo. All is ok until I activate the bridge then I can't log in to the gallery.

This is from the config on my board
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestudio-online.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fcookie.gif&hash=0cba82122a00e2e40a4ee1bf7c746d90480a773c)

and this is from the bridge file

Code: [Select]
// The web path to your phpBB directory
// In this example http://yoursite_name.com/phpBB2/
define('PHPBB_WEB_PATH', 'http://www.thestudio-online.co.uk/forum/');
// You can keep the default values below if your instalation is standard

// Prefix and names for the database tables
define('PHPBB_TABLE_PREFIX', 'forum_'); // The prefix used for the DB tables
define('PHPBB_USER_TABLE', 'users'); // The members table
define('PHPBB_SESSION_TABLE', 'sessions'); // The session table
define('PHPBB_GROUP_TABLE', 'groups'); // The groups table
define('PHPBB_UGROUP_TABLE', 'user_group'); // The group/user table

What have I set wrong please?

Once the Bridge is set when I try to login to the gallery I am sent to my board log in (where I am already logged) when I return to the gallery index.php I am still not logged in.

I would really appreciate some help please

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2004, 11:45:29 pm »

Try changing:

to:

define('PHPBB_COOKIE_PREFIX', 'photo'); // The prefix used for board cookies
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

Mr Tee

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • The Studio Online
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2004, 12:02:26 am »

That appears to have worked. I did not try this before because I read in some of your instructions that the cookie name on the gallery should not be the same as the board. Hence my question re cookie prefix and cookie name.

Thanks for the help.

Onward and upward......I have no doubt I will be back  ::)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 18 queries.