Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Choose a Theme" and Title, Filename, etc. on album pages?  (Read 3430 times)

LAWill

• Coppermine newbie
"Choose a Theme" and Title, Filename, etc. on album pages?
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:54:03 am »

I've switched from another gallery and have just begun adding photos to my gallery.  I will be the only person uploading images although I certainly hope there will be visitors to my gallery once I have more albums.  I am using version 1.4.26.

My question is, on the one album that I have completed, it appears that the ability to Choose a Theme is available to any visitor, as is the Title, File Name, Date and Position +-.

Clearly I do not want to spend hours putting my albums together the way I want them displayed only to have a visitor reorder the images or change how the gallery is viewed.  I'm guessing there is a way to remove these options from all but the Admin (me), but I have searched and cannot find it.

Can someone point me in the right direction.  I'm a total illiterate when it comes to the inner workings of a web site.  Would appreciate any help I get.  Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Choose a Theme" and Title, Filename, etc. on album pages?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 07:48:36 am »

My question is, on the one album that I have completed, it appears that the ability to Choose a Theme is available to any visitor, as is the Title, File Name, Date and Position +-.
That's not a theme selector, but it allows your visitor to sort the thumbnail view by different criteria. If that bothers you, turn the sort feature off as suggested in countless postings. A theme selector is something else - it shows when you enable Display theme list in Coppermine's config.
I'm guessing there is a way to remove these options from all but the Admin (me), but I have searched and cannot find it.
Hm, I don't get that impression. Maybe you shouldn't have searched for the terms "remove theme", but for "remove sort" or similar ::).

Can someone point me in the right direction.  I'm a total illiterate when it comes to the inner workings of a web site.
But you're not completely illiterate as far as reading in itself is concerned? Because when you signed up, you acknowledged to respect board rules. A link to those board rules is visible at the top of the screen inside the entire forum. As you have performed a thorough search (you said so) you certainly discovered many postings like yours where users have been reminded of board rules. Finally, when you composed your message there was a warning at the top of the screen that again reminded you to respect board rules. You still ignored them. That gave you a very bad start and a grumpy moderator. Please read up board rules now and act accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.