Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permission setup question  (Read 5404 times)

hazmat

• Coppermine newbie
Permission setup question
« on: April 06, 2010, 05:47:53 pm »

Hi.  I look in the docs, but still not sure if I can do this.  I'm interested in migrating from Gallery to Coppermine.  I would like to set it up so only logged in users can view the albums.  From the root, anyone can create an album and anyone can add to existing users' albums.  No separate user albums, just one big one with any album someone creates going into it, other than sub-albums of those.  Is all this possible?

Thanks.

-Ken

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Permission setup question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:49:53 am »

I would like to set it up so only logged in users can view the albums.
That's pretty straightforward - there is a config "Allow unlogged users (guest or anonymous) access" option that does what you want.

From the root, anyone can create an album
In cpg1.5.x you can specify allow users to create albums within a particular category. This applies to the root category (i.e. no category) as well. In cpg1.4.x, you can't do that. As you asked inside the cpg1.4.x support board, the answer therefore is: no.

and anyone can add to existing users' albums.
You can allow users to upload to any album. Exception: the albums within a user's personal gallery. Only the very user can upload to those particular albums. But you don't need to establish those personal galleries - just disallow users to have personal galleries and you're good.

No separate user albums, just one big one with any album someone creates going into it, other than sub-albums of those.  
You're losing me there. Who does what?

I suggest giving cpg1.5.x a try.

Joachim

P.S. We have a policy that says you need to post a link to your gallery in each thread. This applies to you as well. If you don't have a coppermine-driven gallery yet, post a link to your site and/or a link to your existing gallery that is using another application. Please read up board rules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.