Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to assigned albums to users with MYBB?  (Read 6772 times)

justinj2

• Coppermine newbie
Unable to assigned albums to users with MYBB?
« on: April 08, 2010, 04:10:01 am »

Hello there,

I make some albums and when I try to assigned albums to users it takes me here: http://mascotmadness.net/memberlist.php how can I can fix this?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Unable to assigned albums to users with MYBB?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 07:26:43 am »

The button you're clicking on doesn't read "assign album", but "assigned albums". You can't use that button to assign an album to a user group. You can only use it to view if there are any albums that are actually assigned to the group. As the group membership is being driven by your forum if you are running in bridged mode, you're just being sent to the memberlist, so this is actually a shortcoming of the fact that you bridged. However, you don't lose anything (compared to a non-bridged coppermine, i.e. a standalone gallery), as the button doesn't do what you thought it would do. To actually make an album visible for a particular group (because that's what the term "assign" means in this context), go to the album's properties screen by clicking on the "properties" button next to the thumbnail that represents an album an set "Album can be viewed by" to the group that you exclusively want to grant viewing permissions (i.e. assign the album to). This is all being explained in the documentation that comes with Coppermine (link available at the top of this screen as well); it pays to read it before posting...

Joachim

P.S. The link to your gallery is http://mascotmadness.net/gallery/. It's mandatory that you post that piece of information in each thread as per board rules (you agreed to respect them when signing up).

justinj2

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Unable to assigned albums to users with MYBB?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:25:13 pm »

Thanks I well try that also sorry for not posting my Gallery link!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.