Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any choice for "Album can be viewed by" becomes "Me only"  (Read 3743 times)

Rupan

• Coppermine newbie
Any choice for "Album can be viewed by" becomes "Me only"
« on: April 01, 2010, 05:40:45 pm »

Gallery: http://www.dullahan.com/coppermine/

I've recently been trying to edit my gallery by adding a new album. I wanted to set it's "Album can be viewed by" setting to "Members of the "Registered" group" but whenever I do, it automatically becomes "Me only" instead. If I try to change it again, it says "No update needed." and won't change.

I was later updating thumbnails to a larger size and once I had finished, noticed two albums are now also set to "Me only" in my "Japan 2006" category and can't change it back to Public.

I'm not sure how to solve this, thanks in advance.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Any choice for "Album can be viewed by" becomes "Me only"
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 06:01:38 pm »

The first thing you need to do is upgrade your Coppermine. Your version is very much out of date and very much vulnerable.
<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.5 (stable)-->
Click the Download link for the latest stable version and follow the instructions in the Documents link.

When you are done be sure that your browser is not automatically "remembering" your form data when you set the permissions.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 06:38:45 pm »

I wanted to set it's "Album can be viewed by" setting to "Members of the "Registered" group" but whenever I do, it automatically becomes "Me only" instead.
You probably have set up an album password for that particular album. From the docs:
Note: when setting an album password, the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" will be switched automatically to "me only" - this is expected behaviour. If you change the "Album can be viewed by" to another selection, you must disable the album password as well.

As Joe suggested you need to upgrade instantly - your gallery is very vulnerable and it's very likely that you'll get hacked if you fail to upgrade.

Rupan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 06:54:40 pm »

I updated to the latest version, thank you.
It didn't solve the problem however:
You probably have set up an album password for that particular album. From the docs:
This was the problem more or less. I didn't add a password manually in either of the mentioned albums, however, I was able to change the permissions by deleting the password then changing it. I didn't think of removing the password because it is filled in by default. Thanks again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 07:04:04 pm »

I didn't think of removing the password because it is filled in by default.
That's not something Coppermine did, but your browser. Turn that behaviour off in your browser if that bothers you.

Rupan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 07:39:28 pm »

That's not something Coppermine did, but your browser. Turn that behaviour off in your browser if that bothers you.
I moved to Chrome recently and left that feature enabled. That's probably why I haven't had the problem before. I didn't realise it would add to other field boxes. Sorry for the trouble.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.