Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: more than 4 custom fields in 1.5.3  (Read 16547 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: more than 4 custom fields in 1.5.3
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 07:45:17 am »

Be Sure to save all the files and load into your browser
login as Admin > go to config > Custom fields for image description > now add the names you want to call the fields and now you have some extra info for your pictures ! quite cool don't you think
if you need the download files you can get them here

have a awesome day and remember ,, Increase the Peace!
Instructions for this mod end here.

deanhat

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 08:34:57 am »

Well Thanx for the tips on my page ,, i fixed the spelling(the worst of it) and the file name's ,, ill make my next tutorial and have you as a critic again .. i really appreciate all the tips you gave me on the site but i think some of the things you said you could have put in a private message like all the ones where you tell me off personally  .. but i made this tutorial double speed and just wanted to get it out there for the guys to be able to fix there problem .. that why there where so many mistakes and i did not really revise much . but all the tips you gave are great and i will surly take into consideration next time

and for the "newbies ",if there are unclear areas on the tutorial please post the area you are stuck at and ill elaborate on that step some more !

localhistory

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 11:43:36 pm »

Thank you very much!  I'm about to try this out, so I'll let you know the results.

Tinu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 09:29:25 am »

Thank you so much!
I successfully added additional custom fields in 1.5.6 thanks to this mod.

Aside from performing the steps described in the tutorial, I modified the following files:
*lang/english.php
Find the line "$lang_admin_php['user_field1_name'] = 'Field 1 name'; // cpg1.5" and add similar lines for user_field5_name, user_field6_name, etc.

*search.php
Find the line "foreach (range(1, 4) as $i) {" and replace "4" by the new number of custom fields.

deanhat

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 04:26:58 pm »

hey dude if you use this link http://www.bloggersplace.com/tutorials/i have made a tutorial but please do remember to backup your files when you attempt this update .. let me know when you get stuck ,, peace out .

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 04:57:56 pm »

You already mentioned your tutorial in this thread on the first page. My remarks in reply #8 apply just as well. Locking.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.