Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customizing ecard emails  (Read 5827 times)

makk

• Coppermine novice
    • the hid3out
Customizing ecard emails
« on: March 28, 2010, 10:12:20 pm »

The other day I started a similar topic where the issue was about the ecard itself, but since this one is a tiny bit different I start another one instead!

Noticed that my ecard design kinda breaks in the mail-version depending a lot of client and|or web based mail so in my latest attempt to come up with a "new idea" my ecard (displayecard.php) actually only shows the back of the card, with sender/reciever/message etc. To show the actual postcard you will need to "turn it over" thus bringing you to the displaycard.php as with regular viewing!

I kinda like that idea, so I might stick with it, but.... and here is my request|question:

I don't want the ecard to show up at all in the mail. I really just want to send a plain mail, (no matter what client ppl are using) with just the actual link to the ecard instead, since you will need to "flip the card" anyway to see the motive!

In the theme.php the code is written like "either or" (html or plain text) depending on email clients!

Is there anyway to send an email like this:

Code: [Select]
Hi [recipient_name]! [sender_name] has created an ecard for you!
To view it. Click on this link: [displayecard-link here]

The link takes them to my displayecard.php?datablablabla..... showing the back of the postcard (see attached screenshot) with a link to "flip the card" directing them to the actual intermediate image in the gallery (displayimage.php)

My gallery is http://private.htstart.org/

Also trying to make a direct link to the actual ecard on the gallery.... : test link

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Re: Customizing ecard emails
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 10:40:43 pm »

Take a look at this => http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,64211.msg319122.html#msg319122
It might help you make the edits.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

makk

• Coppermine novice
    • the hid3out
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 11:01:31 pm »

Thanks for the feedback!
That was actually the thread I read when first getting how to design the actual ecard! One of the parts in there contains the code in themes/mytheme/theme.php to get the output of the ecard itself!

But that code is generated both in the mail (which I don't really want) the recipient gets, and also the displayecard.php!
It don't really tell me howto (or if it's even possible) design 2 separate things.
1. a template ecard -email containg nothing but pure info that an ecard has been created + simple link to it
2. a template ecard -page....

As is now the numbers 1 & 2 are kinda combined into 1 code as far as I understood!?

----------
or it might just be me being slow.... that does happen ;)

makk

• Coppermine novice
    • the hid3out
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 03:16:35 pm »

Sorry to add to this but this goes out to admins of this wonderful forum!

I have gotten about 5-6 emails in the past months telling me I have a new reply in this thread! When I click on the link in th email, I end up here. There is no answer? Nothing to read?
Sure, I could uncheck the box not to notify me, but Why are those mails coming?

The one today said:
A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by two0426.

View the reply at: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=64285.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by clicking here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=notify;topic=64285.0

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.

Regards,
The forum.coppermine-gallery.net Team.

I never saved the previous ones though

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:20:41 pm »

Happens if a spammer replies to your thread, but a moderator manages to delete the spam posting before you visit the thread. The notification is being sent immediately. This is the case for the user "two0426" - he was banned for spam-posting
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.