Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Takes too many tries to connect to data base  (Read 4237 times)

KOREntertainment

• Coppermine regular visitor
Takes too many tries to connect to data base
« on: March 22, 2010, 09:30:57 pm »

I have requested help before and I was asked to speak to my host.  My host says their data base are working 100% ok.

When I click on batch add files, I have to open a whole lot of tabs and prey that one of them connect.

is there a limit to the amount of photos that U can upload?

http://korentertainment.net/gallery2/index.php

This has been going on for well over 2 years.  I created another gallery and after a few uploads I have the same problem, I can try all day opening 100's of tabs and some times it never connects. 

Help

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Takes too many tries to connect to data base
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 10:08:00 pm »

That gallery is very, very much out of date: <!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.19 (stable)--> and is at risk for being hacked. See the Coppermine home page for a link and read your documents for instructions in how to upgrade.

When you are done read and follow the sections in the docs. "Upload Troubleshooting" and "Asking for help on Upload Issues". Make certain that you follow all of the steps before returning.

KOREntertainment

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 10:24:42 pm »

This is what I was told to do way back then and when I did all that work no one had the answer for me.  smh

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 10:46:44 pm »

No one will want to help further if you don't do as suggested. If you don't want to upgrade you should at least learn how to make backups.....you will need them after some hacker compromises your website.

That gallery is very, very much out of date: <!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.19 (stable)--> and is at risk for being hacked.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 07:28:44 am »

This is what I was told to do way back then and when I did all that work no one had the answer for me.  smh
I remember you. You have a nice record of not respecting board rules and behaving difficult. Maybe that's why nobody wanted to answer in the past. Looking back at the postings you have made, you asked for slave labor, i.e. you wanted others to do your homework. So far, you have managed in this thread to behave confrontational against another supporter. Maybe it's time to review your attitude instead of complaining. Perform the upgrade, then return here doing exactly as Joe suggested. If you fail to do so (and arguing falls into the category "not doing as suggested" as well), you'll be banned, as we're not fond of providing free support for people who don't deserve it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 19 queries.