Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiding categories  (Read 3695 times)

moorey

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Hiding categories
« on: October 17, 2003, 10:05:47 am »

One feature I thought would be useful is to have options for categories just as there are for albums. The difference obviously are related to the category itself since categories cannot contain any pictures - only albums (sorry, had to state the obvious here).

One of them options is the ability to hide a category; One of my many categories has about more or less 100 albums, not a single filled up yet - still trying to sort the pictures - in the mean time doing that, the albums are displayed with 0 pictures and it's certainly not very nice looking on the front page, specially when you have so many empty albums in the category.

Would be nice if I could hide it and fill up the albums and then unhide it when I'm ready to show.

Another way is to have a permanently-hidden category - instead of deleting albums (for various reasons) or say, you have empty albums you're preparing for, you could move it to the hidden category so it does not show up. When you're ready, push them back to the original areas.

Comments?

Zarsky

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Zerr Family Website
Hiding categories
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 03:51:10 pm »

Moorey,

I like the second idea of have a "publishing delayed" category, and once you wanted the pics live you just moved the albums into "live" categories or the main tree.  I think having the ability to hide any category is pretty much useless....but having one special cat sounds like a good idea to me.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

spriggig

• Coppermine newbie
Just hide empty albums
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 09:22:59 pm »

How about just hiding all empty albums? I'm guessing this would be easyish to implement as a mod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.