Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to fix Thumbnail to the Main category Having Sub Categories  (Read 4692 times)

omkarom

• Coppermine newbie

I am Having cpg1.4.25 and  Main category and Sub Categories in my site.Can any body tell me How to fix Thumbnail to the Main category Having Sub Categories .

My Site is http://joyadda.com   

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How to fix Thumbnail to the Main category Having Sub Categories
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:04:03 pm »

I am Having cpg1.4.25
That's not an option. Upgrade!

It's a known issue (i.e. a limitation of the application in itself) that you can't assign category thumbnails if a category only contains sub-categories and no actual albums with images inside. There is no "fix" - it's a known issue. You can only circumvent that by making the initial limitation not apply, e.g. by putting at least one album with at least one image inside it into each category that is meant to have a category thumbnail.
If that's not what you're asking, re-phrase your question please.

omkarom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 12:46:27 am »

Ok. I am giving clarity to my Question.Let us take a look in to my Site http://joyadda.com

There is a main category 'Audio Songs' at the bottom of my site in which Sub- categories were created namely Telgu Movie Mp3 Songs,Hindi Songs,Tamil Movies Mp3 Songs,Malayalam Movies Mp3 Songs,Kannada Movies Mp3 Songs and English Pop Album Mp3 Songs.

Each Sub- categories are having Albums and the Albums are having Files.I have fixed Thumbnail for display to theSub- category and Albums.But I am Unable fix Thumbnail for display to theMain- category ie, Audio Songs.   

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 07:10:00 am »

But I am Unable fix Thumbnail for display to theMain- category ie, Audio Songs.
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Don't use the word "fix", as I can't see that anything is broken, i.e. that something isn't working as expected. Please re-phrase, using different words. Try explaining it with simple sentences like "Currently, X is displaying Y, but I want to display Z" or similar.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 08:43:50 am »

By "fixed" are you saying that the category thumbnail changes to a different image when you upload a new file but you want it to always stay the same?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

omkarom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 02:05:31 am »

In Admin mode by click Categories=>edit ,there is option to display thumbnail to Sub-categories and no option is showing to display thumbnail to main category. In My site, Main categories are having Sub-categories,Sub- categories are having Albums and Albums are having files.

Is there any solution to display thumbnail to main categories.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 06:52:25 am »

In Admin mode
Never leave admin mode!
by click Categories=>edit ,there is option to display thumbnail to Sub-categories and no option is showing to display thumbnail to main category. In My site, Main categories are having Sub-categories,Sub- categories are having Albums and Albums are having files.
As far as I can see my initial posting applies:
It's a known issue (i.e. a limitation of the application in itself) that you can't assign category thumbnails if a category only contains sub-categories and no actual albums with images inside. There is no "fix" - it's a known issue. You can only circumvent that by making the initial limitation not apply, e.g. by putting at least one album with at least one image inside it into each category that is meant to have a category thumbnail.

I am Having cpg1.4.25
You haven't upgraded as instructed. We're not willing to support people who blindly ignore the sheer need to upgrade. That's why I won't look into this in any more detail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.