Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 500 Internal Server Error  (Read 4216 times)

Saif

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Free HD Wallpapers
500 Internal Server Error
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:40:22 pm »

http://www.orangewallpapers.com

I get 500 Internal Server Error after clicking the gallery link thru the validator : http://www.w3.org/

Otherwise I see a blank white page after clicking, the site was running just fine till last night when I uploaded a wallpaper, but since morning I'm getting this message (blank screen).

Also my forum was HACKED 15 days back but the site (coppermine gallery) was running fine even the forum was hacked tho both are on same domain. http://www.orangewallpapers.com/forum.

PLz advice,

Thank you :)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: 500 Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 01:08:20 pm »

To be sure you should read and follow the steps in thread:

Yikes, I've been hacked

Saif

• Free HD Wallpapers
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 01:16:40 pm »

thanks Joe, well my forum (only) was HACKED and not my site where the coppermine gallery is located. Forum was HACKED 15 days back & coppermine gallery was working fine till last night, so I'm unsure what happened... ???
So now should I go thru the link you added in your post.. ?? or it can be some other reason  ??? .....cuz site (gallery) was fine even when forum was attacked... ?? ....
thanks for your time :)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 04:58:49 pm »

The answer is for you and all who would read this in the future.

If your site was hacked it means your server's computer was hacked. Unless your forum resides within a different computer then the hacker could have gained access to everything on all of your sites - all of your sites that live inside that computer. It is the same as if you have caught a cold - you could have it in your head before it moves to your stomach or your lungs.....

The hacker could have returned last night or they could have left something timed for last night - it makes no difference.
The W3C site is just another visitor as far as your server is concerned.

So therefore you must sanitize, not just clean your sites! Yes, you could start be "cleaning" a little, but the only way to be certain is to completely remove all traces of hacker files and db corruption.

Your link returned a blank page - since I do not know what has happened, what the hacker did, what your server logs show, ete., etc.. you must start with the Yikes! instructions. There is nothing else that I or anyone else can offer.

Saif

• Free HD Wallpapers
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 04:28:53 am »

thank you Joe, I appreciate your help. Will check-out the Yikes thread now.
thanks again.

Saif

• Free HD Wallpapers
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 05:09:42 am »

before going thru the Yikes! thread, i talked to my webhost about this issue, they told me that init.inc.php file from the includes folder is missing, i added this file & now it is working FINE. http://www.orangewallpapers.com
Thank you Joe & GauGau for the Yikes! thread.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 06:16:42 pm »

You should still do as suggested in the Yikes thread, as there certainly is a reason for the file missing...
It's mandatory to sanitize your entire site.
Additionally, you might want to resolve this thread as per board rules. You already have a notorious record on this forum - so please play be the rules, OK?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.