Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Albums Path Is Static In The Software?  (Read 4170 times)

Chickenkicker

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Albums Path Is Static In The Software?
« on: March 16, 2010, 07:13:02 am »

I have a /photoalbum directory already uploaded on my server with thousands of images, with another application using the /photoalbum path.. but this should not affect coppermine, Problem I am having is in Coppermine I cannot seem to change the default path to my desired directory..

i.e. software is installed in /gallery - so when I go to add pictures to the new albums I have created, it defaults to /gallery/albums
In the past with coppermine I was able to assign a path to the /photoalbum directory for all my uploaded image albums..

It has been a while since I used Coppermine and I just can't seem to find where I change the default album path.. When I attempted to change it in the config settings, it just kept defaulting to /gallery/Xxxxxx ... (x being whatever path I entered)  When I used /html/photoalbums it ended up doing this /gallery/html/photoalbums   the . or ../photoalbums has the same result /gallery/../photoalbum

"I know I am missing something easy, but the trees keep getting in the way!"

Thanks in advance..

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 06:11:56 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Albums Path Is Static In The Software?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 07:27:05 am »

What you're up to is indeed hard to accomplish. It might help if you did as suggested per board rules and post a link to your gallery for a start...

Chickenkicker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 07:42:09 am »

http://stvsweet.com/gallery/

Sorry been a while since I've been here, will read those again..

Chickenkicker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 10:20:10 am »

http://stvsweet.com/gallery/

Sorry been a while since I've been here, will read those again..

Thanks for you assistance....  But it is no longer needed, found a workaround..

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 07:59:34 pm »

Common policies: Resolve your threads
Please clarify what you did, so that it may help other users.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

Chickenkicker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 05:01:48 am »

First I installed coppermine in a directory called /gallery  I relocated all my images to a directory below the installed /gallery directory like this /gallery/photoalbums in the server tree /photoalbums being the new created directory.. Then I changed the default directory in the config system menu from albums/  to photoalbums/  it sees the folder and works fine.

The default method of /gallery/albums works fine on normal install, but I opted to have my images outside the /gallery/album folder..
I also had to download and re-upload all of my images to do this, from and to the server, took 24 hrs but its working the way it should..

Thanks

Chickenkicker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 05:06:28 am »

I have to say you folks are getting a little short around here..  First no answer to my question except a cryptic scolding about the forum rules..
Then the expectation of my posting a solution.. Lighten up a bit eh..

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 06:11:44 pm »

Lighten up a bit eh..
Marking thread as "solved" (although you should have done so as per boards rules). We're reluctant to explain to each newbie what the benefit ofg board rules is. Read up previous discussions if you want detailed replies. Locking thread to avoid further thread drift.

First no answer to my question except a cryptic scolding about the forum rules..
Maybe you should have given supporters more time to post the answer. I have been away on a business trip and therefore couldn't reply earlier, but before I could you have resolved this on your own. This is not a hotline...

Then the expectation of my posting a solution..
Well, that doesn't help supporters, but is meant for the benefit of other users who might have the same question and expect an answer. You probably have seen boards before where a lot of people ask questions that never get resolved, which can be very frustrating for people who are searching for answers. We believe in being part of the solution instead of being one of those who actually are the reason for the problem.

Creating a symlink would have been the ideal solution. Search for that term if you want details. The album path is actually a setting in coppermine's config, see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_picture_thumb_advanced_albums_dir
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.