Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple layouts in single Coppermine installation?  (Read 3614 times)

struex

• Coppermine newbie
Multiple layouts in single Coppermine installation?
« on: March 14, 2010, 08:42:07 pm »

hi guys,

I'm a web designer/developer working on an implementation of Coppermine that integrates into our web site. it's on a private development server so I can't give you the URL (unless we email privately), but I've attached screenshots. if that's not sufficient let me know. I've searched high and low through the forums and documentation, and can find no answer to my question, so I hope you can help me out.

My question is pretty straightforward: how can I have different layouts and different content for different "pages" in Coppermine?

here's what I'm trying to do: I want to have two separate layouts, one for a "home" page with a slideshow that takes up most of the screen (nsidc_gallery_home.jpg), and another layout for the rest of the gallery pages (nsidc_gallery_interior_page.jpg).

thus far, I've tried two strategies to accomplish this: 1) use two separate themes and 2) make the "home" page external to the coppermine directory. unfortunately, both of these implementations have problems that make them unsatisfactory. I thought there was also a way to create custom templates for different "pages" by writing a little PHP, but I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

using two themes would be fine except for a few problems. first, it means there are two pages with the title "Home"  (one is the entry page with a slideshow, the other is the Category Index). second, if the default theme is "theme_home," then the links from that page to the category pages will keep the same theme, it won't switch to the other theme. I couldn't find a way to change the URL address of those links.

having the "Home" page external to Coppermine also results in the two "Home" page titles, and it also makes maintenance more difficult. however, if I could simply change the Coppermine index.php page title, that would be the easiest way to get this gallery to a point where it's ready to launch.

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have on this topic. I've been working on this gallery for a long time and would really like to get it done. I'm more of a designer than a developer, but I can do some basic PHP scripting if that's what needs to be done and you can point me in the right direction.

thanks,
stephen

stephen.truex@nsidc.org

Gene-2008

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Multiple layouts in single Coppermine installation?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 12:08:20 am »

Are you talking about something like this?

http://dlkphotography.com/index.php

Note the index.php is an autosizing slideshow.  Select drop gallery from drop down list on left or click on slideshow and it will take you to the gallery.

I can give you more info if that is something you are looking for.

Gene

struex

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Multiple layouts in single Coppermine installation?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 04:26:08 pm »

hi gene,

thanks for your reply. the fact that you have two different layouts, yes, that's one thing I'm trying to do. also, I'm curious how you put the Coppermine slideshow function on the home page.

thanks,
stephen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.