Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Memory Error Messages....  (Read 7313 times)

Happiness

• Coppermine newbie
Memory Error Messages....
« on: March 14, 2010, 08:13:20 pm »

Check List
- Read the rules... CHECK
- Read the docs... CHECK
- Seached the Forums... CHECK
- Created admin test account... CHECK
   url: www.supernaturalfansonline.com/gallery
   user: admintest
   pass: 12345

Issue....
We have had coppermine running perfectly on the site for years now... (minus a hicup when we recently moved servers which has been fixed and unrelated).. as many on other members here we are getting the following error messages...

Error Message #1
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9012 bytes) in /home/sfo/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 435

Error Message #2
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 53739520) (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /home/sfo/public_html/gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 250... ONLY when trying to access the image using the "latest uploads"

Now I understand from the reading the docs page that error #1 means that the limit imposed by the server admin (webhost) has been reached.  I have contacted them and they have said that my LIMIT is set at 64M... which is no where near what we should ever need correct?  So they are saying it has to do with the script and not my limits...

What has confused me the most about this is that we have uploaded photos successfully in the last few months that were much larger then images we are attempting to upload with these errors in the last few weeks... and have no issues uploading those bigger images...

Also when getting the second error message it is ONLY on images uploaded under the "Latest Images"..... the images are still able to be accessed when you go to the ALBUM.... without an error message....

Now that you have heard all of this... the other thing is that we are using coppermine 1.5.. and of course I also realize that it is completely unsupported.. however these errors seem to be universal throughout the verisons... so hopefully someone will still consider helping us....

Thanks
Happiness

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Memory Error Messages....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 08:31:36 pm »

The one thing you have not managed to do is notice that we are now on version 1.5.3 (RC) which is supported. Simply upgrade to that and if your errors still occur come and ask for help and we will be glad to advise.

I shall move your post to the 1.5.x boards where it belongs. ;)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 11:05:16 pm »

- Created admin test account... CHECK
Nobody has asked for an admin account. It's silly and dangerous to post admin account data publicly. I logged in and changed the password of that account.
You have posted on the wrong board initially (a moderator had to move your posting).
The version that you are using goes unsupported (as in "no support at all").

So far you have caused a lot of unnecessary moderation effort. As you're using an outdated, unsupported alpha version your report is competely and utterly invalid and irrelevant. The error message you got is explained in the docs.

Happiness

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 04:38:30 pm »

The one thing you have not managed to do is notice that we are now on version 1.5.3 (RC) which is supported. Simply upgrade to that and if your errors still occur come and ask for help and we will be glad to advise.

I shall move your post to the 1.5.x boards where it belongs. ;)

Phil...

Thank you Phil... however I guess you have not noticed as well that the 1.5 support forum does not APPEAR on the main forum index page unless you are logged in as a member... So this is why I did not see the forum and why I am sure others do not see the forum until after they have already posted... So thank you for moving my post into the newer forum for 1.5..

I will attempt to do an upgrade but I am unsure if that will make the difference.. I hope that it will....

Joachim Müller
WOW.... honestly... this is how you "HELP and SUPPORT" your members?...

First off... another modderator had already posted to this thread, corrected me and give me directions already... the fact that you came in and posted HOURS after this modderator only shows that your "HELP" and "COMMENTS" where unnecessary and almost malice against me.  Your post was not "supportive" and only went on to degrate me and my attempts to seek support for the issues that I have with this verison of coppermine.

I have been using coppermine for nearly 7 years now.... I have very rarely had any issues with coppermine... (as you can see with the amount of support posts I have made)... So if you would have taken a moment before starting your attack on me.. maybe you would have realized that not everyone is a "techie" and is the REASON why they are posting within the coppermine support forum.

As for posting in the WRONG area and the verison I am using on my site being unsupported.. I am sorry but you act as if all of the 1.5 docs and forum announcements are right out there in the OPEN for ALL to see and read.... which it is not... As a newbie to your support forums...  you can not see the 1.5 support forum... which has less then 25 support threads... and the 1.5 docs are very much lacking... Thus the only area that has information that is clear and covers most "newbies" issues and errors is on the 1.4 forums and docs....

For the error messages that I have they are the same from v1.4 to v1.5...  so one would think that how you handle the issue from one verison would be the same in the other verison...

Thank you again Phil for your support and suggestions... they have been HELPFUL!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 06:04:06 pm »

Had I noticed that you had posted an admin account I probably would have said similar to Joachim. It was posted out of concern for the safety of your site. That bit you obviously don't appear to understand. He then spent the time to edit out your details when he could have not bothered and just left them. Had someone done that for me if I had made that mistake I would be greatful.

Joachim comes straight to the point and 99% of the time he is correct in what he is saying. Read what he writes in a different voice in your mind and you will see that. Please review your attitude to those who are trying to help you.

As for the 1.5 docs lacking? I really think they are good and while a few sections need some padding or completion they still contain loads more than the ond 1.4 docs. If you feel something is missing then instead of complaining please start a thread and try and contribute something back to a project you have been using for 7 years. It is only with input from users of all levels that the docs can improve further.

Finally, please resolve your posts as per the board rules. This is to help others with similar problems.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:23:45 pm »

Joachim Müller
WOW.... honestly... this is how you "HELP and SUPPORT" your members?...
I support those who run a version where support is being given. Your version goes unsupported, which means: you will not get support and you're not allowed to ask for support. That's what the message box on your gallery says when you're logged in as admin. Your complaints are invalid.

Everything you posted sounds like a poor excuse for laziness to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.