Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super big problem - Admin but lost my password and banned!  (Read 4823 times)

Emsan

• Coppermine novice
Super big problem - Admin but lost my password and banned!
« on: March 13, 2010, 01:55:35 am »

Hi!
I'm banned from my own gallery haha.
Anyway this is the gallery: http://lucyreneehq.com/gallery
I put it on offline, then logged out to see if it really was offline. Then when I was going to login, i tried entering the password but apparently it was the wrong one. I entered it too many times and now I'm banned from my own gallery.

I need help with changing the admin password again and to release the ban.
I have access to the cpanel of my host and I have phpmyadmin installed on it.

Anywone?

onthepike

Re: Super big problem - Admin but lost my password and banned!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 05:04:52 am »

Access your phpMyAdmin and find cpg_banned and delete the entry that corresponds to your IP.

You can also reset your admin password here under cpg_users:

Lost Admin Password with phpmyadmin Tutorial

[...]  If you lost your admin password look under the column titled user_id. Look for the 1. That is admin. To the left of that column is a pencil icon (that means edit). Click on it. You now should have fields you can write in. To the right of the row called user_pass is the encrypted password. Erase that and fill it with this:

21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3

That will make the password admin. Do not under any circumstances leave the password field blank. Go to the bottom of the page and just above the light bulb it should say Save. If it does click the go button. Exit out of phpadmin by going to the exit icon at the upper left corner.

Type in the url of your coppermine page. Login with your user name and the password admin. Go to users and find your adminstrator name. Click on the edit icon just to the right of your admin name. Go to the bottom of the page and click on the change my password button. Enter your current password which is admin. Type in your new password. Then retype it. Click the change my password button. If all went well you will see a message saying password successfully change.

The above was furnished by Brendhan and is an excerpt from a lengthy tutorial.

If you don't want to use the suggestion above for whatever reason, you may be able to use a similar method creating your own MD5 password here:

http://www.functions-online.com/md5.html

Note however, I have heard that not ALL passwords work via this method. I have used it myself and had no problems.

Enter the password you wish to use in the textarea marked $String, then click the Run button. Copy the result and paste it as outlined in the tutorial above. After exiting phpMyAdmin, use the plain text value you originally entered on the MD5 page as your password on the CPG login page.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 05:37:56 am by onthepike »

Emsan

• Coppermine novice
Re: Super big problem - Admin but lost my password and banned!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 01:11:58 pm »

THANK YOU!
Worked perfectly fine. I used the first method.

You seriously saved my life! haha
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.