Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [cpg1.5.x]: Remove Navbar Anchor for IE 6, 7 and 8 (No bounce for IE)  (Read 7281 times)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

This plugin will remove the navbar anchor [a name=top_display_media] from displayimage.php for visitors using IE 6, 7 and 8. The anchor (excellent for most browsers) is removed only when someone visits using IE.

Because IE does not always navigate to the anchor and will always "bounce" the page until it is cached the
plugin will show slightly smoother page transitions. The image to image navigation will always return to the top of the page. The effect is selective to IE visitors only.

The plugin is lightweight and has no config. available. The same result could also be achieved with custom theming. I had considered using a page fade-in effect, but that would have shown too much respect for what I consider to be a defect (IE not cpg). I hope the plugin isn't needed for too long and the defect is corrected.

At the moment browsing image to image in IE with the anchor enabled is like trying to read a book while blinking rapidly in a truck moving down a bumpy road. It can be very disconcerting.

Install/uninstall through plugin manager and enjoy.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 02:02:10 pm by Joe Carver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.