Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Spanish lang  (Read 48699 times)

Fico

• Coppermine newbie
Spanish lang
« on: March 10, 2010, 06:03:46 pm »

Is someone already working on the spanish version of the lang file for 1.5.3?

I'll be glad to translate it, but I don't want to rework something someone else is working on.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Spanish lang
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:30:03 pm »

I'm not sure. Fabricio said several times that he will create the Spanish language file, but there's no contribution by now.

fermunoz

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 07:05:58 am »

I began tonigth, but i am so tired.  I just did a few lines. Please work over this file and upload again. I think in 2 days we can finish. (excuse my english)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 02:48:58 pm »

Thanks a lot for your contribution; I'm glad that finally someone started working on the Spanish language file. I have added your work in progress to the subversion repository; please use that version to continue, as I had to change some things around. Also please use an editor that is capable to handle utf-8 encoded files (I can recommend notepad++, see Tools recommended by the devs -> Text editors and Translation Guide -> Editors & Tools)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 08:19:38 am »

Any news on the language file?

dtc

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 07:40:26 am »

hello, I have been translating parts of the file in English, to pass into Spanish. I have translated and the most important parts, but there is a problem: They accidentally, I erased the line breaks, so there remains only that someone gave you the space and corresponding jumps. I leave here in case anyone wants to do, it's almost to Nadama enter the lines which correspond to pass to the next paragraph, though of course if they just translated, then I welcome that, at last, and very little missing.

Regards

///////Original en español

hola, he estado traduciendo partes de el archivo en ingles, para pasarlo al español. He traducido ya las partes mas importantes, pero hay un problema: sin querer, se me borraron los saltos de linea, asi que solo quedaria que alguien le diera los espacios y saltos correspondientes. Lo dejo aqui por si alguien quiere hacerlo, es casi dar nadamas enter en las lineas que corresponan para pasarlas al siguiente parrafo; aunque claro, si quieren acabar de traducirlo, pues bienvenido sea, al fin, ya es muy poco lo que falta.

Saludos

dtc

• Translator
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 07:42:51 am »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 10:25:43 am »

Thanks for your contribution.

I have been translating parts of the file in English, to pass into Spanish. I have translated and the most important parts
Have you used fermunoz' language file as base or have you started from scratch?

accidentally, I erased the line breaks
I haven't committed your file yet because of that reason.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F9CAWFVE
Please attach your file to your forum post next time. I've done this in this post. See attachment.

Josemic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 02:07:22 pm »

How do you install this language??

I copied the php file in LANG folder, and it says the file is incomplete, so it wont work.

What do i do wrong???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 03:23:08 pm »

accidentally, I erased the line breaks

I've written a little scripts that (hopefully) inserts all needed line breaks:
Code: [Select]
$text = file_get_contents('spanish.php');
foreach(array('$', 'EOT;', 'if', '{', '}') as $value) {
    $text = str_replace($value, "\n".$value, $text);
}
file_put_contents('spanish_new.php', $text);

Currently the Spanish language file is a big clump (see attachment). Maybe someone wants to beautify the file and check if everything works as expected. Maybe somebody has a better idea how to restore that file.

Josemic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 03:39:08 pm »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 05:47:36 pm »

Hm, this has been harder than I expected: dtc's contribution is still a partial translation, but it's more complete by far than what we previously got from fermunoz. Sadly, dtc hasn't built his work on the language file contributed by fermunoz, but has started from scratch, which is imo a big waste of resources. Sadly, dtc has made some serious mistakes with the file, removing some line breaks here and adding other lin breaks there. I have spent the past two hours or so trying to extract a working language file from what dtc has submit. The changes that I had to perform (and there were quite a lot of them) went into rev 7473 in the subversion repository. All who want to contribute to the Spanish language file should build on that version in the SVN and not on the file attached to this thread! Get the most recent spanish language file from the subversion repository by clicking here.

@all (potential) translators: there is quite a lot of documentation available for cpg1.5.x, and a huge section that explains translation in detail. Please read that section thoroughly before you start translating, this will save you (and us) much grief.

Nonetheless I want to say "thank you" again. Don't get me wrong in this aspect: we appreciate your contributions. It would be better though (much better) if they were in a manner that enables us to use your translation right away without the need to perform heavy edits.

@dtc: please don't translate variable names or array keys: the line $lang_translation_info['lang_name_español'] = 'español' (MX)'; in the file you provided is of course nonsense and needs to be $lang_translation_info['lang_name_english'] = 'Spanish';. Please be extra carefull with single quotes as content of strings.

Joachim

jmatute

• Translator
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 05:12:12 pm »

Hm, this has been harder than I expected: dtc's contribution is still a partial translation, but it's more complete by far than what we previously got from fermunoz. Sadly, dtc hasn't built his work on the language file contributed by fermunoz, but has started from scratch, which is imo a big waste of resources. Sadly, dtc has made some serious mistakes with the file, removing some line breaks here and adding other lin breaks there. I have spent the past two hours or so trying to extract a working language file from what dtc has submit. The changes that I had to perform (and there were quite a lot of them) went into rev 7473 in the subversion repository. All who want to contribute to the Spanish language file should build on that version in the SVN and not on the file attached to this thread! Get the most recent spanish language file from the subversion repository by clicking here.

@all (potential) translators: there is quite a lot of documentation available for cpg1.5.x, and a huge section that explains translation in detail. Please read that section thoroughly before you start translating, this will save you (and us) much grief.

Nonetheless I want to say "thank you" again. Don't get me wrong in this aspect: we appreciate your contributions. It would be better though (much better) if they were in a manner that enables us to use your translation right away without the need to perform heavy edits.

@dtc: please don't translate variable names or array keys: the line $lang_translation_info['lang_name_español'] = 'español' (MX)'; in the file you provided is of course nonsense and needs to be $lang_translation_info['lang_name_english'] = 'Spanish';. Please be extra carefull with single quotes as content of strings.

Joachim

Hi,

Please find attached a not-yet-finished spanish_es.php file. It's based on the 7476 rev in the subversion repository and using all I could reuse from fantastic Grumpywolf translation, but I coudn't finish it today - and I won't work on it again until tomorrow. Just my two cents in case someone keeps it going this afternoon.

I've created the localized version for Spain, since it seemed to me that the mexican version wouldn't be very clear for us here in Spain.

Sorry to say that I haven't used a CVS tool to integrate it in the repository - and I believe I coudn't use it anyway since I'm not a registered developer.

Josemic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 05:39:08 pm »

Hi,

Please find attached a not-yet-finished spanish_es.php file. It's based on the 7476 rev in the subversion repository and using all I could reuse from fantastic Grumpywolf translation, but I coudn't finish it today - and I won't work on it again until tomorrow. Just my two cents in case someone keeps it going this afternoon.

I've created the localized version for Spain, since it seemed to me that the mexican version wouldn't be very clear for us here in Spain.

Sorry to say that I haven't used a CVS tool to integrate it in the repository - and I believe I coudn't use it anyway since I'm not a registered developer.

If you need some help to finish it, just tell me what i have to do, and i will help you. :) (I am not a developer, but i can translate)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 05:59:06 pm »

Feel free to give it a go but always make sure you download the latest file from the repositry before you start. Whenever you stop work for any period of time make sure you  zip and save your file to the forum here so we can update the repositry. Then again, before you start download the latest version just incase anyone has made any changes.

You can always download the lates file from the repositry here - http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/cpg1.5.x/lang/spanish.php

Please make sure you read the docs Joahim linked to above before you start.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 07:14:30 pm »

Wait a second. If the Spanish language differs so much from the Mexican language, we have to create two different files imo. The current spanish.php in the svn repository is not the file jmatute attached, but dtc's one.

I suggest to stop collaborative work until we decided if we create two different language files or if we use only the language file translated from people from Spain.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 07:24:24 pm »

Good point though most Mexicans do understand spanish fully (at least from my understanding). It is a bit like the various regions of the German speaking world with slight differences but basically the same, or comparing British English to the odd version Americans have adopted (insert fishing emoticon). As we have a British and an American language file yes we could have both. My only concern is that it has already been very hard to get this translation done in the first place and as it is at least we have something all the Spanish speakers can live with.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

jmatute

• Translator
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 04:07:58 pm »

Wait a second. If the Spanish language differs so much from the Mexican language, we have to create two different files imo. The current spanish.php in the svn repository is not the file jmatute attached, but dtc's one.

I suggest to stop collaborative work until we decided if we create two different language files or if we use only the language file translated from people from Spain.

Hi,

Sincerely: I woudn't use dtc's file in my gallery (and began my own translating on my own) not just due to the small mexican/spanish language differences, but because of errors in the translation. Accents are missing, gramatical errors, plain translation in several phrases, and so on. And I'm wondering why he didn't use 1.4.x translation as a base. IMHO it's wonderful - and I'm not connected to the translators in any way.

Not trying to upset anybody, but explaining my point of view.

And just another point: I'm not a 'character sets' expert. Everytime I've played with UTF-8 I messed my file (or so I thought), so I decided to keep working in ASCII. Could anybody convert it before uploading to the repository? Is this the reason why my gallery (http://www.carmenyjoseluis.com/galeria) messes up? (kind of a nonsense question)

Regards,
José Luis.

jmatute

• Translator
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 04:29:27 pm »

If you need some help to finish it, just tell me what i have to do, and i will help you. :) (I am not a developer, but i can translate)

Sent an email to your profile's email address.

Saludos/Regards
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.