Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Add Not Loading  (Read 7008 times)

Drea

• Coppermine novice
Batch Add Not Loading
« on: March 09, 2010, 04:53:36 pm »

I have had this issue for the past few weeks, I have to click Batch Add about 20 times before it finally loads , I checked around for a solution but I'm having no luck, regular uploads work just fine, its only the Batch Add, I have upgraded as well.

http://smg-images.com/

Login: test / test

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

onthepike

Re: Batch Add Not Loading
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:44:39 pm »

This might be a result of a server timeout. Verify by checking your server logs and/or CPU throttling (if applicable). Look for any timeouts in the error logs.

If this is a timeout issue, one of the leading causes is too many files dumped into a single folder. When you use Batch Add, do you use subdirectories? Or are you just uploading/FTPing all files into a single folder?

The more folders you use, and divide the uploads into smaller directories, the happier your server will be.

Drea

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 03:39:53 pm »

I didn't see anything and I have folders limited already I have it very organized :/ and my host really don't know too much it seems

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 04:21:18 pm »

First you will need to upgrade your Coppermine to version 1.4.26.
<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.24 (stable)--> Is the version you are now running. See the Coppermine home page
for an obvious link.

Then read your documents about "Upload Troubleshooting" and "Asking for help on upload issues". Follow all of the steps and if you need to return, please be sure that everything on your gallery is in the condition outlined in those sections.

Drea

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 06:25:38 pm »

I am using the latest coppermine but stramm is not updated and that is why it says that version still.

I did the troubleshoots, nothing works.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 06:33:16 pm »

Do as suggested:
Then read [...] "Asking for help on upload issues". Follow all of the steps and if you need to return, please be sure that everything on your gallery is in the condition outlined in those sections.
You haven't.

Drea

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 12:09:44 am »

Done with it all I hope I read the doc over and did what it told me too, uploading works fine , its just the batch add :'(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 07:33:56 am »

http uploads work as expected (see http://smg-images.com/displayimage.php?pos=-35328). Please post a deep link to one of the images that you're having issues with when batch-adding.

Drea

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 02:30:31 pm »

There is no image I am having problems adding its just when I click Batch Add it takes forever to load then stays on home, I have to click it over and over I would say maybe 10 or more times before I finally can get into Batch Add and then once in it works fine, its the having to click it over and over which is really insane and I'm trying to fix that.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 03:27:44 pm »

Please do as I suggested:
Please post a deep link to one of the images that you're having issues with when batch-adding.

Drea

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 03:51:02 pm »

There are no images though its a general thing when I do batch add, should I just go upload something then post the link after?

Drea

• Coppermine novice

Drea

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 03:57:42 pm »

Thank you for taking the time out and helping me, its been 2 days and my host has yet to even reply :| so I appreciate it  :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 05:44:58 pm »

May be related to you having copied files around that should not be where they are: I was able to spot at least one file that should not reside where it currently resides at: http://smg-images.com/albums/index.php should be an index file that protects your albums folder. Instead, it seems to be the index file that resides in coppermine's root folder. That's bad. Restore the original file and make sure that there are no other files there that don't belong there. Also avoid capitalization.
Attach a screenshot that shows the FTP-view of http://smg-images.com/albums/ please

Drea

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 06:08:22 pm »

Thanks no clue how that file got that must of been moved by accident maybe. Here is the screen shot of my ftp

http://i44.tinypic.com/b84wlf.jpg

Drea

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 06:17:12 pm »

I think the issue maybe resolved...:) thanks it loaded , first it didn't but then I tried again and it worked.  ;) thanks again so much for your time.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 08:08:19 am »

9. Add attachments
You can add files (some file types at least) to your posting on the board. When composing a message, click on "Additional options" at the bottom left of the screen and use the "upload attachment" function there. For security reasons you can not post executables or php files - rename them to txt or put them into a zip archive instead.

Do not hotlink images (as the link might go down later, leaving your entire thread useless for others with similar issues), but attach the images (e.g. screenshots) to your posting. To accomplish this, click "Additional Options..." when composing your message. Then use the "Attach"-field to browse your local files and attach the image(s) to your posting.
Attaching your screenshot to my posting...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 08:10:06 am »

You're using spaces in folder names, which is an extremely bad idea. From the docs:
Uploading pics by FTP / Batch-Add Pictures

It is recommended that the coppermine admin use ftp to upload multiple pics/files at a time. Use your ftp software to create sub-folders within your_coppermine_directory/albums/, where your ftp uploads can be saved. Though not mandatory, it's always a good idea to have a folder structure within the albums folder that reflects or mirrors your coppermine categories and albums.

Important: do not create folders or ftp upload to the userpics- nor to the edit-folder by ftp: these folders are used by coppermine internally and must not be used for any other purpose! Folder names must not contain dots. We also highly recommend refraining from the use of any other special characters - use only a-z, numbers and - (dashes) or _ (underscores) to fill blank spaces. Make sure to upload in binary or auto-mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.