Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ImageMagick - Return value: 9 during batch add  (Read 7621 times)

Lasivian

• Coppermine newbie
ImageMagick - Return value: 9 during batch add
« on: March 08, 2010, 10:20:08 pm »

Gallery site: http://www.lasivian.com/coppermine/

I'm trying to batch add 177 files, but when I attempt this only about 5 to 10 of them working. The rest give me errors that I couldn't find listed anywhere. (ImageMagick - Return value: 9)

I think that it was trying to convert the files too quickly. I was logged in under SSH and it seemed to be burning tons of memory.

When I attempted to add in memory limitations to the imagemagick options (-limit memory 32MiB -limit map 64MiB etc.) the converts failed completely no matter how high I set this limit. Leading me to suspect that Coppermine did not have the functionality to allow this type of limit.

Also I similarly failed when I added the option (-debug coders -log "%u %m:%l %e").

Right now i'm just using (-antialias).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: ImageMagick - Return value: 9 during batch add
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 10:32:45 pm »

Any suggestions? Thanks.

First and foremost upgrade your Coppermine - you are about 7 versions behind and at risk for being compromised. That also might fix your problem, but in any case the experts prefer to support and reply to requests that are with current versions of cpg.

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.19 (stable)-->

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 10:36:46 pm »

Oh, you already have started a new thread.

I'll move it to the upload section of the board.

After you have upgraded as Joe suggested, please do everything outlined in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_support

Also give GD2 (select it in the config menu) a go to see if it is a problem with the imagemagik setup or a general problem.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Lasivian

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 02:26:27 am »

I upgraded the board and it's still happening.

Is there any way to slow down how fast Imagemagick runs each convert command?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 08:41:04 am »

Did you read what I have written above?

Lasivian

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 09:51:54 am »

With GD2 I also got the same results, as if it's just trying to do too much too fast.

Here is the pastebin of the debug: http://pastebin.com/kc5L0b2u

I just tried my own install of Imagemagick and got the same results, and none of the limiting or debug command-line options work, they still cause it to completely fail.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 10:07:24 am »

One final time for the hard of reading.

4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_support

Lasivian

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 10:06:59 pm »

The issue doesn't come up with a handful of uploaded files by non-admin users, it only happens with large sets of batch additions.

But then I guess I'm not the only one not listening.

I have a specific problem that I am attempting to describe in detail, I can reproduce it, and i'm requesting some information to test from my side what I believe is the issue.

I cannot allow you to recreate the problem yourself without giving you an admin account and an FTP account to do batch additions.

Mainly I would love to know why some simple additions to Imagemagick commandline cause it to fail inside Coppermine but not directly from the commandline itself. Is this some form of known issue?

If you don't want to help me with this and instead insist on demanding I do things exactly the way you want me to then please just close this inquiry and i'll find another gallery program for my site with my apologies for wasting your valuable time.

Thank you.

Lasivian

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 10:13:14 pm »

You know what, forget it.

I have a solution that works for me, the fact that the program cannot be slowed down during batch additions and fails to limit Imagemagick really doesn't matter I suppose. I'll just use Irfanview.

There really is no reason for me to care about the situation or possible flaws in Coppermine, etc.

Thank you.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 11:16:48 pm »

Lasivian, It has been <24 hours since you first posted. You did not want to make a test/user account and seem to think that you know better than the people who have years of experience with Coppermine and Imagemagick. Taking <5 minutes to read the manual and create the account would probably have saved you time and got more response.
Instead:
You know what, forget it
As you wish.

There really is no reason for me to care about the situation or possible flaws in Coppermine, etc.
Flaws? Do you really know what you are talking about? You first wrote:
Gallery site: http://www.lasivian.com/coppermine/
When I attempted to add in memory limitations to the imagemagick options (-limit memory 32MiB -limit map 64MiB etc.) the converts failed completely no matter how high I set this limit.
Were you aware of any limitations your server might be imposing? Since it is running (a very dated) PHP 4.4.9 one can also assume you might have hit some other limit too.

I cannot allow you to recreate the problem yourself without giving you an admin account and an FTP account to do batch additions.
You weren't asked to do that - only to start with the proven troubleshooting methods outlined in the manual.

...... i'll find another gallery program for my site with my apologies for wasting your valuable time
Good luck with that - maybe it will not require that you use the manual too. Wasting time is coming back <10 minutes later to rant about "flaws" and what you plan to use.

Locking

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.