Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: No new file was found [I read the others topic and I coulnd't solve this]  (Read 10489 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

onthepike's advice is correct. That's why the docs say
Uploading pics by FTP / Batch-Add Pictures
It is recommended that the coppermine admin use ftp to upload multiple pics/files at a time. Use your ftp software to create sub-folders within your_coppermine_directory/albums/, where your ftp uploads can be saved. Though not mandatory, it's always a good idea to have a folder structure within the albums folder that reflects or mirrors your coppermine categories and albums.

Important: do not create folders or ftp upload to the userpics- nor to the edit-folder by ftp: these folders are used by coppermine internally and must not be used for any other purpose! Folder names must not contain dots. We also highly recommend refraining from the use of any other special characters - use only a-z, numbers and - (dashes) or _ (underscores) to fill blank spaces. Make sure to upload in binary or auto-mode.

ladykiita

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Crepúsculo Chile

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but many times you will run into problems when files and/or directories contain "invalid characters".

http://www.crepusculochile.com/galeria/albums/uploads/ is fine. However, once you reach the next two folders,  1.%20reuniones/ and 1.%20RM/ you may run into problems due to the characters highlighted in boldface.

I suggest renaming those folders without spaces, dots or any other characters other than letters and numbers and see if that helps any.

I cant believe it! THAT WAS THE PROBLEM!
OMG thank you thank you thank you! I change the names of the folders and then I tried and it works!!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

That's why they say RTFM... ::)
Please resolve your threads, as suggested in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270631.html#msg270631
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.