Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I batch add premade normal and thumbnail files?  (Read 3355 times)

Lasivian

• Coppermine newbie
How do I batch add premade normal and thumbnail files?
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:59:29 pm »

I had tons of trouble trying to convert 177 files on the server to add them in so I did the processing offline with irfanview.

But now I can't get Coppermine to make an album out of my premade files, and I can't find anyplace to tell it the normal and thumb files have already been created.

Suggestions?

Thanks

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: How do I batch add premade normal and thumbnail files?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 09:13:04 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery as per the board rules

Normally, you wouldn't create the thumbs etc on your desktop then try uploading them. Instead you should just upload the fullsize images via ftp and follow the normal upload process. Shall we work on that?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Lasivian

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:45:52 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery as per the board rules
http://lasivian.com/coppermine/

Normally, you wouldn't create the thumbs etc on your desktop then try uploading them. Instead you should just upload the fullsize images via ftp and follow the normal upload process. Shall we work on that?
When I attempt to do that I get a long list of 177 batch additions with only about 5 to 10 of them working. The rest give me errors that I couldn't find listed anywhere. (ImageMagick - Return value: 9)

Now given what I was seeing about how fast it was trying to convert the images and the resources I saw used via a SSH login while it tried to run this I assumed that it was failing because it was trying to do too many converts too quickly. When I attempted to add in memory limitations to the imagemagick options (-limit memory 32MiB -limit map 64MiB etc.) the converts failed completely. Leading me to suspect that Coppermine did not have the functionality to allow this type of limit. Also I similarly failed when I added the option (-debug coders -log "%u %m:%l %e") which led me to believe I would not be able to get useful debug information out of Coppermine/Imagemagick.

So, the logical thing to do seemed to be converting the images locally and uploading all the coverts, In do suppose that is not the "normal" way to do things, but given the situation it seemed the easiest solution.

I guess what you're saying is that coppermine isn't capable of just inserting existing files into a new album, which leaves me back at square one.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:54:13 pm »

Coppermine checks to see if the normal and thumbnail images already exist before it tries to generate them. You just need to upload the resized versions along with the originals and name them correctly.

Lasivian

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 10:06:08 pm »

Coppermine checks to see if the normal and thumbnail images already exist before it tries to generate them. You just need to upload the resized versions along with the originals and name them correctly.
You are precisely correct, I erred and added a new set of mid-size resized files to the set that was IMG rather than img.

Thank you

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 10:32:13 pm »

Hopefully you can sort out your upload problems so coppermine can do the work instead of you having to do them. It seems like a lot of hard work doing it the way you are. If you are running into server limitations that might be hard. You could try switching to GD2 and seeing if that works. Or you could use a tool such as Jupload so you can add a load of files with less effort. Good luck with it and if you would like to try anf fix your upload problems then post in the relavent section and we will be glad to give it a go.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.