Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CSS problem with Photo Shop  (Read 9546 times)

jp-photo.dk

• Coppermine novice
    • JP-photo.dk
CSS problem with Photo Shop
« on: March 06, 2010, 12:02:25 pm »

I've upgraded CPG to v1.4.26 and that caused a problem with CSS not being used correctly. After a lot of poking around I narrowed the problem down to the Photo Shop plugin - when uninstalled CSS worked correctly. I then updated to plugin v1.4.1 (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,57206.0.html) but this brought back the problem.

I've copied the images in the "images_to_move" folder to my "images" folder in the Hardwired-theme-folder. And added the changes in "css_changes" to the "style.css" also in the Hardwired-theme-folder.

A link to my gallery here: http://www.jp-photo.dk/galleri/index.php (Link is *NOT* worksafe)

Gene-2008

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: CSS problem with Photo Shop
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 02:37:33 pm »

I'm not sure what you are running but the problem is much bigger than photo_shop.

Look at the code for your first page:
Code: [Select]
<!-- Start standard table -->
<table align="center" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="maintable">

<tr>
                <td class="tableh1" width="80%" align="left"><b>Category</b></td>
                <td class="tableh1" width="10%" align="center"><b>Albums</b></td>
                <td class="tableh1" width="10%" align="center"><b>Files</b></td>
        </tr>

<tr>
                <td class="catrow" align="left"><table border="0"><tr><td></td><td><span class="catlink"><b><a href="index.php?cat=4">Andet</a></b></span></td></tr></table></td>
                <td class="catrow" align="center">43</td>
                <td class="catrow" align="center">1472</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td class="tableb" colspan="3"></td>

</tr>

<tr>
                <td class="catrow" align="left"><table border="0"><tr><td></td><td><span class="catlink"><b><a href="index.php?cat=2">Heste</a></b></span></td></tr></table></td>
                <td class="catrow" align="center">88</td>
                <td class="catrow" align="center">7869</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>

<td class="tableb" colspan="3"></td>
        </tr>

<tr>
Should look more like:
Code: [Select]
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en" dir="ltr">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

I would suggest removing the photo_shop and then look (or let someone) look at your site/theme etc.

What appears to be happening is that only the maintable output is being sent to the screen.  The rest I.e. html, head, body menus etc are being lost.

Hope this helps,
Gene

jp-photo.dk

• Coppermine novice
    • JP-photo.dk
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 04:15:51 pm »

Yes, I was wondering about the exact same thing - missing the <html> and <body> tags etc.

I'm using the Hardwired-theme that came with CPG v1.4.26. And did a filecompare with WinMerge as to compare the files from the CPG-package with the files on the server. No differences there. So the installation should be a standard one.

As I can get it to work when photo_shop is disabled, I'm guessing that the problem would be somewhere within the plugin?

onthepike

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 01:41:31 pm »

See if there is an available update to the plugin that is causing this issue and update if applicable. Only then can either of your related threads be marked "Solved". That is, if an updated version solves the issue, of course.

I believe Phil has supplied a current 1.4.26 modpack update, but as someone sho doesn't use these, I don't know if your specific plugin is included within that package. If not, check the plugin downloads area for your specific plugin. Or the publishers web page.

jp-photo.dk

• Coppermine novice
    • JP-photo.dk
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:50:35 pm »

I've begun the debug my way down through the code, and the first thing I'm curious about is in the function include/functions.inc.php/load_template().

In this function I'm looking at the variable $THEME_DIR just before the fread(). As I've configured CPG to use Hardwired, I would have guessed that the path would point to the folder "themes/hardwired/", but it points to the folder "themes/classic/" instead?

I think I'll take a lot at where the $THEME_DIR gets initialized, and see if something goes wrong there.

jp-photo.dk

• Coppermine novice
    • JP-photo.dk
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 08:03:44 pm »

Mmm.. If I add the ?theme-parameter to the URL it displays the path to the theme correct.. http://www.jp-photo.dk/galleri/index.php?theme=hardwired

But still no theme or headertags showing..

jp-photo.dk

• Coppermine novice
    • JP-photo.dk
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 09:12:32 pm »

I'm running the latest version of the plugin (v1.4.1), but not the modpack. I'm a bit reluctant to install the modpack, as this seems to modify some core-files in CPG - and I'm not running the modpack at present.

onthepike

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 09:43:24 pm »

I've upgraded CPG to v1.4.26 and that caused a problem with CSS not being used correctly. After a lot of poking around I narrowed the problem down to the Photo Shop plugin - when uninstalled CSS worked correctly. I then updated to plugin v1.4.1 (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,57206.0.html) but this brought back the problem.

Is it possible that the updated/downloaded plugin was corrupt?

Are you running any other plugins that have not yet been updated?

If I'm following correctly, you updated CPG which rendered Photo Shop outdated and caused (you believe) the CSS output issue. You then uninstalled PS and the CSS problem disappeared. You then downloaded the latest version of PS, installed it, and once again resulted in the damaged output issue.

This would lead one to believe that the problem is Photo Shop specific, but that's not always the case, especially with other plugins installed. It could be a plugin conflict. It could be a server issue (check php compatibility; check phpinfo), It could be bad javascript. It could be a compromised web space. It could be a few different things.

I guess, my next step would be to download a fresh copy of the plugin, completely purge the current plugin from the directory tree after uninstall, deactivate all other plugins (if applicable) and go from there. I might even download a fresh copy of CPG itself. 

Or... maybe there's a legitimate bug? Perhaps post to Stramm's board? Surround yourself with others who utilize that particular plugin and have experience with it. I'm out of ideas :-)

jp-photo.dk

• Coppermine novice
    • JP-photo.dk
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 05:26:22 pm »

I've found the problem. It's something with functioncalls with referenced variables and PHP v5.3+. I've posted the change to the sourcecode in this thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,57206.320.html

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.