Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images no longer showing  (Read 5383 times)

mudfish

• Coppermine newbie
Images no longer showing
« on: March 02, 2010, 11:26:33 pm »

Hi,
I installed Coppermine Photo Gallery V1.4.25 and all was well and dandy until i 'fooled' around with Joomla permissions as instructed in one of the joomla plugins. Well my newbie luck ran out and suddenly Joomla is no longer displaying images and worst my 10K or so personal family photo collection in CPG also no longer works. I tried asking help from my hosting service but, i was told it's a software issue.

http://d82renas.com/CopperPix/

so, short of me asking the webhosting to 'wipe' clean my website and start all over - any help/advise will be greatly appreciated.... thanks in advance

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Images no longer showing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 07:27:46 am »

• We can not help you with things related to Joomla - that's beyond the scope of this board.
  • The "Powered by Coppermine" footer is rendered party invisible - you set the link color to be the same as your background color. This is not the case out of the box, but something you deliberately must have changed. Restore that if you want support.
  • You require all visitors to log in and haven't provided a non-admin test user account for us to take a look, so what answer do you expect? We're out of crystal balls... ::)
  • Most recent stable release of coppermine currently is cpg1.4.26. You have cpg1.4.25. Subsequently, you need to upgrade, as per cpg1.4.26 Security release - upgrade mandatory!

mudfish

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 08:30:25 am »

sorry about no password

bemyguest
yesur

thanks

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:54:59 am »

• The "Powered by Coppermine" footer is rendered party invisible - you set the link color to be the same as your background color. This is not the case out of the box, but something you deliberately must have changed. Restore that if you want support.
  • Most recent stable release of coppermine currently is cpg1.4.26. You have cpg1.4.25. Subsequently, you need to upgrade, as per cpg1.4.26 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 09:06:20 am »

Either way, neither your Joomla nor your coppermine are working so I am certain this is not a coppermine issue but something you have done on your setup. Undo whatever changes you made and if that was in Joomla ask how to do it on the Joomla forums.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

mudfish

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 05:21:19 pm »

Thank you for taking the time...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.