Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lot of things to resolve. Some help?  (Read 5640 times)

Palito

• Coppermine newbie
Lot of things to resolve. Some help?
« on: March 02, 2010, 09:46:35 pm »

Hi everyone.
I'm a recent Coopermine user, i loved this gallery, but i'm having some problems by programing it right.
I've been reading lots of documentations, but, there are some problems that i can't fix, so i decided to ask for help here.

I got the most 1.4.xx version in my server, and the problems i've been facing are the following ones:

- The URL's in users descriptions aren't clickable, it just shows a tiny image with the link on mouse over;
- I can't make the plugin CPG Simple Forum v2.0 BETA get clickable links and images showing when included into the topic (it just shows a tiny folder icon with the image link on mouse over...) (yes, i've been into the plugin support website, it should already work, but it might be a coopermine bug, because it's suppose to work and it doesn't).

I just got this two little errors that makes my gallery running in middle gas.
Thanks in advance for anyone that appears here to help me with this two problems.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Lot of things to resolve. Some help?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 10:13:31 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery as per the board rules.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.0.html

Having said that I am not 100% sire what you are asking but maybe this from the docs explains it.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#bbcode
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 07:13:57 am »

Not related at all to bridging - I wonder why you chose the bridging sub-board to post your question. Moving accordingly. As Phill already suggested, you really need to read the board rules and do as suggested there.

Palito

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 03:32:32 pm »

I'm sorry, i posted it into the wrong section, i though i was posting into the miscellaneous but i posted into that one (glup), and i only noticed that after posting.
Oh, and i forgot, my gallery link is: http://www.powersonic.com.br/fanarea/

According to what that doc (god, i missed that one wile reading), it just doesn't work because it's dangerous... right?
But about images, showing images on the forum topic for example, is it that dangerous? Isn't there a way to implement ONLY the image show into the forums page? (displaying the image, not the folder icon).

Thanks for the quick help by the way  ;D

Palito

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 03:40:39 pm »

I'm sorry, i posted it into the wrong section, i though i was posting into the miscellaneous but i posted into that one (glup), and i only noticed that after posting.
Oh, and i forgot, my gallery link is: http://www.powersonic.com.br/fanarea/

According to what that doc (god, i missed that one wile reading), it just doesn't work because it's dangerous... right?
But about images, showing images on the forum topic for example, is it that dangerous? Isn't there a way to implement ONLY the image show into the forums page? (displaying the image, not the folder icon).
I found this: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,58309.0.html is this safe enough to implement it on my gallery?
Thanks for the quick help by the way  ;D

NOTE: I deleted my previous answer to add more stuff since there is no edit button.

papukaija

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 04:26:33 pm »

I found this: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,58309.0.html is this safe enough to implement it on my gallery?
Your gallery is running cpg 1.4.26 ,so this code is already implemented in your gallery. This means that img and url bbcodes are processed in a special way.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 04:33:25 pm »

NOTE: I deleted my previous answer to add more stuff since there is no edit button.
No, you didn't delete it. You marked it as "turned down" instead and subsequently double-posted. Regular users can't edit their postings nor can they delete them. The reason for that policy is to stop abuse and vandalism.

There is no solution (no fix!) for the currenty situation in cpg1.4.x, with the bbcode tags [ u r l ] and [ i m g ] removed for security reasons. If there were a solution, we would have posted it.

The thread you refer to describes why the tags were removed. I'm not sure why you quote it. There are no instructions in that posting for a cure or fix (because there is none).

Palito

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 04:40:14 pm »

Too bad then. I'll have to wait for it to be fixed then.
but even with the security problems, are there a way to turn it on again?
Or do you know someone that have created a "hacked fix" for it?

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 05:50:02 pm »

With limitations, you can try these two suggestions. Support for these might be limited as would be the functions of each.

Patch for v. 1.4.2x (preserves BBCode img & url tags)

Active Hyperlinks in Image Captions v1.3

You will need to be careful if you allow "outside" users to create links on your site.

Palito

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 05:59:16 pm »

Thank you very mutch joe for the suggestions!
I'll try them as soon as i can, to give feedback.
Also thanks to Phill Luckhurst and Joachim Müller for the previous help, because i was not aware of these security problems.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 06:12:10 pm »

The real resolution will not be in cpg1.4.x, but in cpg1.5.x.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.