Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermittent 500 Internal Server Error on searchnew.php  (Read 4124 times)

Cherrii

• Coppermine newbie
Intermittent 500 Internal Server Error on searchnew.php
« on: February 28, 2010, 05:32:58 am »

I have installed the latest Coppermine (1.4.26) for my website at www.gleek.info/gallery.  I got all the configuration done, got my theme put together, and things were working well.  Then I started getting my images added in.  Each album has between 2500-3200 images, and when the error began, I thought it was because I had so many images to import at once.  So I started dividing the uploads/imports into batches of 500 images, and the problem cleared up for a little while, but now has returned with a vengeance. 

The problem I'm having is that once I get a batch of files uploaded, I try to access the Batch-Add function on searchnew.php and get a 500 Internal Server Error page.  The problem is intermittent; sometimes hitting my refresh key will bring up the interface and I can get them added, but not always.  Tonight it seems to be particularly bad - of the last ten times I've tried accessing searchnew.php, I've gotten the error probably eight times.

I contacted my webhosting company (Dreamhost) to see if they were having any problems and to get them to check my error logs.  Not having access to an administrator account, of course, he/she couldn't replicate the error.  They did give me the tail end of my error log though, but all it's telling me is that the script headers ended prematurely:

Code: [Select]
[Sat Feb 27 19:36:59 2010] [error] [client 72.150.245.57] Premature end of script headers: searchnew.php, referer: http://www.gleek.info/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=11
I have a test account set up, but as it's not an administrator (and I'm not handing out admin privileges), it probably wouldn't do you guys any good.  I do realize there probably isn't anything you can do, but my host already said they can't do anything, so I'm just wondering if maybe it's a problem with the number of albums or the size of my batches or something that can be resolved on my own.

I would appreciate any assistance I can get, but completely understand if there isn't anything to be done but to keep hitting refresh until it works.

Thanks. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.