Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: i-feel-dirty : Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 2.x  (Read 66936 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Steve22

• Coppermine newbie
    • Kletzi Image Gallery
Re: i-feel-dirty : Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 2.x
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2007, 10:03:14 am »

That is what i have done a lot of times, but it`s always moved back to Rainy Day. Now I´ve renamed "I-feel-dirty" into "Test" and i can save it without moving back...

Gill

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2007, 01:10:50 pm »

I really like this theme and especiall the wider version. But this one does not show in IE at all - just a blank screen. Is there any help on how to get it to show?
Thanks
Gill

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2007, 01:26:55 pm »

Post a link to your gallery with the theme in place for a start, so supporters can take a look. Do you expect us to be mind-readers? ::)

Gill

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2007, 04:00:23 pm »

Sorry, I should have thought: http://www.earthpeace.co.uk/JoeMem/
I've taken off the original i-feel-dirty because it automatically reverts to that if it is there.
Thanks
Gill

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2007, 04:53:04 pm »

I get a blank screen using Firefox. This is not the fault of the theme, but the implementation on your server. Please start a separate thread on the support board, with reference to your posting here. In that separate thread, attach a zip of your custom theme.

ayman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2008, 09:38:47 pm »

thank you Gizmo for your great work in porting this great theme to cpg. I have been heavily working on it to modify its graphics to fit my new site theme (I will post a link to the share your gallery thread when I am done with it).

I stumbled upon a minor issue I think you over looked when you ported the theme.

Every album page has an album title row. You can find the album title code here in theme.php:
// HTML template for title row of the thumbnail view (album title + sort options)
$template_thumb_view_title_row = <<<EOT

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                        <tr>
                                <td width="100%" class="statlink"><h2>{ALBUM_NAME}</h2></td>
                        </tr>
                        </table>

EOT;

it should have h3 title size or less to fit the theme graphics like this:

// HTML template for title row of the thumbnail view (album title + sort options)
$template_thumb_view_title_row = <<<EOT

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                        <tr>
                                <td width="100%" class="statlink"><h3>{ALBUM_NAME}</h3></td>
                        </tr>
                        </table>

EOT;

you can also add a css definition in style_cpg.css to set its color as fits your theme by adding the following:

.statlink h3 {
color: #999999;
}

otherwise it would assign it some random color from one of the font definitions in the css (the reason i am saying random is because I have tried a couple of browsers and each one picks a different font color for the title until I set it in the css)

thanks again and i hope this helps.
regards,
Ayman
http://www.al-riyadh.org

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 02:34:28 pm »

Hi All,

Here is a update and refreshed version of the i-feel-dirty theme (version 1.1). A list of upgrades and fixes are:

• fixed bbcode issue when used in album description
  • fixed user gallery issue where the albums are not displayed correctly
  • added a truncation script to shorten long album descriptions in the categories pages but will display full description when viewing album. This will make the categories much cleaner looking. It also truncates long descriptions on thumbnail images and displays them on the intermediate viewing page making album viewing cleaner as well.

From the first post, remember this theme has a script for resizing images so they fit correctly on the intermediate page. The images are currently set for a width of 400px. This means any image with a width larger than 400px will be resized down. But an image less than 400px wide will be increased to 400 which may distort the image some. Most people leave the default set to 400 so it shouldn't be a problem in most cases but you are now aware of this.

I've tested this theme without issue on FireFox 3.0.1 (Mac & PC), Safari 3.1.2 and IE 7.0.5.X (PC). Sorry I do not have IE 6.X on my PC and will not test this browser version plus IE6 is on the decline. As always let me know here if you encounter any problems.

Enjoy!

Billy
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 03:01:21 pm by Gizmo »
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 08:00:28 am »

Thanks for the contribution. Download counter for the previous version used to be 12590 when I overwrote the file with the newer version (which makes the download counter start from scratch).
I have updated my above posting as usual to reflect the new filename and download link, and of course I have upgraded the demo as well.

@Gizmo: Being inspired with your theme I have ported the theme to typo3 btw., see my personal page ;)

Cheers

Joachim

phoggy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2008, 07:46:25 pm »

Gorgeous, gorgeous theme Gizmo. I'm using it at:
http://chylerleigh.info/index.php

Already top-10 in the Google listings for 'Chyler Leigh' (Grrey's Anatomy, etc. actress). Thanks. :)

emjay_smitten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2010, 05:38:09 pm »

I have a question about the menus on the right side. All 4 are text: Gallery Menu, User Menu, etc. within <h3> tags. So I can change that. But what I want is like when you look at the top of the theme. There it says in english 'Category', and... when the language change to spanish, it will say 'Categoria'.

I see in the template.php it is created as '{category}', but when I use this in the template.html it will display as text.

How do I change the Menu titles dynamically?

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2010, 09:13:27 pm »

You will find a lot of good info. about theming in general by searching in this general topic.

But to answer your question to get you started...

1) The languages start within the files inside the directory lang. You can add new arrays as you wish, change the existing arrays or even use a whole new array or files. Since you are using English here open up/edit the file lang/english.php and you will see what I mean. Open other lang files and you will see the same expressions translated.

2) Your theme.php then reads the array (you must already have that file opened) in a format like this example....
Code: [Select]
$lang_main_menu['login_title']
3) The template.html is then a "blank sheet" that theme.php "writes" to. Because it is only that "blank sheet" it cannot perform cpg actions by itself. What you want to change/add will need to go into theme.php.

Take your time, learn a little more, poke and probe into the files in your Coppermine and you will be fine.

Since this has been written for both you and all who follow this thread........

The theme i-feel-dirty-2 calls a missing image - it will generate errors on your server. The image is named bodybg2.gif. There is an image in the i-feel-dirty (first version?) images dir. with the same name. I am not too sure yet if it is the right one.

It is certainly a very nice theme!

emjay_smitten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2010, 11:28:46 pm »

In theme.php I see this code:

// HTML template for the category list
$template_cat_list = <<<EOT
<!-- BEGIN header -->
        <tr>
                <td class="tableh1" width="80%" align="left"><b>{CATEGORY}</b></td>
                <td class="tableh1" width="10%" align="center"><b>{ALBUMS}</b></td>
                <td class="tableh1" width="10%" align="center"><b>{PICTURES}</b></td>
        </tr>
<!-- END header -->

In the english.php I see:

$lang_cat_list = array(
  'category' => 'Category',
  'albums' => 'Albums',
  'pictures' => 'Files',
);

And I know somehow according to another language chosen the {CATEGORY} as well as the other two, will be displayed in another language. Now all I want is to add this in the template.html since in there they also put it in those braces. But somehow it dont work???

I dont have to play with the language files because it is also in there as 'category'.

I really don't know anymore.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 12:18:38 am »

1) You are over-posting, someone is rightfully in this case going to ask you to slow down and start reading more!

2) Remove the <h3>Gallery Menu</h3> from template - (again) start looking at theme.php here
// HTML template for sub menu
$template_sub_menu = <<<EOT
<!-- BEGIN custom_link -->

change to/add:
// HTML template for sub menu
$template_sub_menu = <<<EOT
<h3>{YOUR NEW NAME FOR THE GALLERY MENU}</h3>
<!-- BEGIN custom_link -->

Then around line 537 find:
    $param = array(
        '{ALB_LIST_TGT}' => "index.php$cat_l",

And add something like:
   $param = array(
        '{YOUR NEW NAME FOR THE GALLERY MENU}' => $lang_main_menu['xxx_yyy_whatever you choose'],
        '{ALB_LIST_TGT}' => "index.php$cat_l",

I really don't know anymore.

I hope your brain isn't too full, you must start learning, experimenting and testing now.

[edited]
Please in the future follow the board rules and post the link for your Coppermine when making New Support requests.
[/edited]

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:15:53 pm by Joe Carver »

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 04:28:19 pm »

Attached please find an updated release of   i-feel-dirty.

This is an updated version of i-feel-dirty-2, the wider version. Gizmo still deserves full credit. I have updated it for standards compliance and a little bit more too. (this was being done because I want to use it on my cpg 1.4.xx sites (soon)).

Changelog
    • Change .css files for validation compliance
    • Change template.html for XHTML validation compliance
    • Add missing background image - per above post
    • Change User admin menu - per above post
    • Add anchor to breadcrumb for smoother page to page viewing
    • Reduce height of image and padding in <header> (move page up)
    • Widen main table, narrow sidebar
    • Change navbar images
    • Misc. markup to guide editing
    • Rename for cpg standards and for Admin. Theme settings (remove numeric title)

Please enjoy it!
    « Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:33:26 pm by Joe Carver »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
    • Coppermine addict
    • aka "GauGau"
      • gaugau.de
    « Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 05:27:23 pm »

@emjay_smitten: you already have an open thread on exactly the same issue. Resolve your questions properly! Stay out of this announcement thread and use the thread of your own. SPreading your questions over multiple threads is bad and causes double support and moderation work. Don't.

emjay_smitten

• Coppermine newbie
    « Reply #56 on: January 28, 2010, 06:59:48 pm »

Well, I am oh so sorry, but you redirected me there after I had posted here. So I did what you told me.

You can try to tell it in a more friendly way.

Thanks

No. My bad. I see you are right! It was indeed another thread to. You are SHARP!!!

Thanks.
    Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.